'quirky, thought provoking essays' - University of Chicago Supplement

Jayashree95 4 / 19  
Question 1. How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to Chicago. (1-2 paragraphs)

To me , the University of Chicago is much more than a dream; it is a burning desire which I hope to turn into reality. Its rigorous curriculum is not daunting for it is accordance with the competitive courses I have pursued in my high school. Over the past five years, I have grown accustomed to challenging and stimulating academic courses that have exponentially increased my intellectual curiosity and exposed me to exciting new fields and prospective careers. Given my penchant for the written word coupled with my passion for the sciences the interdisciplinary approach to broaden perspectives is another alluring factor that has made UChicago my first choice. Hence UChicago is a natural transition which I hope to experience.

What intrigued me initially were the quirky, thought provoking essays and the radical approach to a 'complete education'. But today, the University of Chicago has grown to symbolize much more than that. Beneath the 'sheen of eccentricity' lies an institution equally reputed for its contributions to arts, sciences and humanities, a college renowned for its pathbreaking discoveries and above all, a University with an undying passion to learn, to question and to contribute to society. It is this redeeming quality which I can relate to and appealed to me.

I see UChicago and myself having a symbiotic relationship similar to that in lichens. The algal partner is the photosynthesizing unit while the fungal partner is the protective and nourishing unit. I hope to derive intellectual nourishment and a 'home' from the University while simultaneously providing the best of my ideas and abilities.
malcolmsoreal - / 2  
it is IN accordance with
not sure if this is style preference or what but I would put 'I was initially intrigued by the... "
another thing... it would be cool if you could weave the" The algal partner is the photosynthesizing unit while the fungal partner is the protective and nourishing unit. I hope to derive intellectual nourishment and a 'home' from the University while simultaneously providing the best of my ideas and abilities."

Home / Undergraduate / 'quirky, thought provoking essays' - University of Chicago Supplement