Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 2

"We do not remember days, we remember moments."

ADITI PATEL 1 / -  
"We do not remember days, we remember moments." by Cesare Pavese. As a child, my natural curiosity extended to everything around me, and I developed a particular fascination for the visual elements around me.

Art became my constant companion, and the concept of design came later. Initially drawn to fashion design, my exploration of various design fields led me to discover my true passion: visual communication.

I have a keen interest in studying for an undergraduate degree in Visual Communication at the University for the Creative Arts (UCA). Visual communication offers a unique way to express myself through various media, be it graphic design or photography, enabling me to tell stories and convey messages to diverse audiences. I believe that UCA will be instrumental in my journey of learning and obtaining comprehensive knowledge in this field.I am particularly drawn to UCA's Visual Communication program because of its well-structured curriculum and the future opportunities it offers. The university's support system and facilities are exceptional, and I believe they will greatly aid my development in visual communication.

The National Cadet Corps (NCC) instilled punctuality, time management, and discipline in me, enabling me to balance academics and extracurricular activities successfully. As a result, I achieved a commendable 90% in my academics while actively participating in co-curricular activities.

During the lockdown, eager to delve into this creative realm, I began my journey by exploring graphic design tutorials on YouTube creating my first minimalistic poster on Canva and later learning Photoshop. The thrill and excitement I experienced during this process motivated me to join the design team for a science fest, where I actively contributed to designing placards and event catalogues. This deepening interest led me to indulge in numerous workshops, recognizing the pivotal role design thinking plays in any creative field.

I enrolled in a beginner course on Udemy by Lindsay Marsh and Jeremy, which provided a comprehensive understanding of fundamental graphic design principles and visual communication, including colour theory, typography, and photography. Additionally, taking a course on the basics of filmmaking and video editing has helped me understand different forms of visual communication and how everything is interconnected. My interest in both film and graphic design makes visual communication the perfect course for me.

My aspiration to pursue design started in grade 10, and I have nurtured a parallel dream of pursuing my undergraduate studies at the University for the Creative Arts. Applying to this course is not just about acquiring technical skills; it represents a journey toward independence, profound knowledge, and the opportunity to forge new connections. Upon completing my undergraduate degree in the UK, my ambitions extend to pursuing a master's in visual communication. This advanced education will serve as a platform for further honing my skills and deepening my understanding of visual communication, opening new avenues of abstract thinking.

Ultimately, I aim to carve out a fulfilling career in visual communication, contributing to the industry and representing my homeland. With each step, I aspire to be a proud ambassador of my roots, blending cultural influences into my design philosophy and showcasing my designs to the world.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15171 4859  
The National Cadet Corps

You may want to expand on this discussion and find a way to make it more relatable to your interest in visual arts. Aside from the aspects of development that it helped you with, what would the visual contribution of the military service have on your visual arts skills? Surely there is a way to make it more connected in the overall discussion. The presentation is too short and is really separated in content from the rest of the essay. This is the weakest part that needs to be strengthened so that it can be fully utilized in the presentation. Right now, it feels so out of place that the paragraph can be removed from the presentation without affecting the overall information. The essay is better off without it.

Home / Undergraduate / "We do not remember days, we remember moments."
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: