"Saudi Arabia" - admission in med school

eeman 1 / 1  
The essay must focus on the following characteristics:
-Personal Characteristics
-Community Service and Leadership
-Ability to Contribute to a Diverse Campus Community

The personal essay helps us become familiar with you in
ways different from coursework, grades, test scores, and
other objective data. The essay is designed to aid us in
evaluating your ability to organize your thoughts and
express yourself. Please write an essay (250 words
minimum) on a topic of your choice that will better help
us to understand your academic aspirations, life goals, a
social, political or historical issue, or even about
someone you respect and admire

Hours before the doorbell rings and the first guests arrive I am in the kitchen chopping, sautéing, simmering and reducing. This isn't easy work-I have the burn marks to prove it-and I'm sure very few of my guests have any idea of the effort that has gone into the meal that will eventually be placed before them, but what makes it all worthwhile are the smiles I see as the first bite is tasted, and the camaraderie and joviality that spreads around the dinner table as a direct result of my efforts. And those smiles are the only reason I'm ready to endure all the hard work, the burns marks here and there, and, not to mention, the dirty dishes after the guests have left.

I was content with that until I saw someone even more satisfied, more pleased with themselves. It was the doctor who performed my aunt's surgery to remove the brain tumor that would have otherwise killed her. I saw the gratitude she had in her eyes for him, the hugs he got from her friends and relatives and the praises and wishes all of them showered him with.

And it occurred to me that I was jealous.
The epiphany compelled me to think about medical school, and now here I am applying to your university, hoping that someday I too would be worthy of all that appreciation and get to experience the joy of knowing that I something noble.

Curiosity and inquisitiveness have been a prominent part of my personality. When I was in elementary and middle school I used to watched programs about science but they always left me with more questions than answers. Biology has been my favourite subject throughout school. I've always marveled at how efficient the human body is in its ways, and I'd love to learn more. Chemistry has helped me understand the many different possibilities and products that can result from combinations and alterations in the minute particles. Physics helped me understand how the universe works, from the largest galaxies to the smallest subatomic particles, and I was amazed at how the world could be modeled by Mathematics.

Apart from academics, I enjoy socializing with people. Also, as aforementioned, I love cooking for friends and family. Swimming is my favourite sport and it has won me some prizes which gave my confidence a boost. Also, as aforementioned, I love cooking for friends and family. Although there isn't a lot of margin for young females to take part in community service in Saudi Arabia, I have participated in some fund raising events during the earthquake and, more recently, the floods in my homeland, Pakistan. It was during one of these events that I was awarded "Best Volunteer". These activities have taught me good leadership and negotiating skills and I feel that I can use my capabilities and experience to buoy myself to a successful degree and career.

Saudi Arabia is like a home to me and I'd love to be able to spend my years in university here. I want to study in Alfaisal University not only because of the high educational standards but also because it provides an aura of diversity, both socially and culturally, which will broaden my perspective in life and help reach my goals- for the sky is my limit!
Zubaida 18 / 34  
Hours before the doorbell rings and the first guests arrive, I am in

When I was in elementary and middle school, I used to watched programs about science but they always left me with more questions than answers.

Apart from academics, I enjoy socializing with people. Also, as aforementioned, I love cooking for friends and family. Swimming is my favourite sport and it has won me some prizes which gave my confidence a boost. Also, as aforementioned, I love cooking for friends and family . (the previous sentence is repeated) Although....

I'd love to be able to spend my years in the university here. or you can say: in your university.

I hope this will help
Good Luck

Smart!! You are clever, and this is a good piece of writing. Very intriguing...

Let's do this:
Curiosity and inquisitiveness have been prominent parts of my personality.

When I was in elementary and middle school I used to watched programs about science, but they always left me with more ... subatomic particles, and I was amazed at how the world could be modeled by Mathematics. (add a sentence to the end of this paragraph to bring the reader's attention back to the idea of you as a med student.)

Apart from academics, I enjoy socializing with people. Also, as aforementioned, I love cooking for friends and family. Swimming is my favourite sport and it has won me some prizes which gave my confidence a boost. Also, as aforementioned, I love cooking for friends and family. Replace these boring sentences with a few sentences about the medical specialization and techniques that interest you. Keep it focused on the main idea! :-) Although there isn't a lot of margin for young females to...

At the end of the essay, too, I think you should write about your vision of a future learning medicine. Welcome to EssayForum!!!
OP eeman 1 / 1  
thank you for the review!
and yes i'll make the changes you suggested :)

Home / Undergraduate / "Saudi Arabia" - admission in med school