Snoring/ Humor/ Reading/ Freindly/ Laugh; Stanford/ Roommate

kmedina217 1 / 4 1  
I thought that writing JUST a letter would be too boring, so I decided to make my prompt with a little bit of 'pizzazz,' if you will.

Prompt: Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate - and us - know you better. (250 words at least, 2000 characters maximum)

To my future roommate, a warning of your impending fate:

There might be a few crashes, and I may walk out of our room with a couple of scratches. Clumsy little me will do that for days, I act like the halls and our rooms are a maze! A minute with me is never dull or boring. However, when I'm awfully tired, you'll notice me snoring. I don't mind music, any is fine with me, whether it's dub step, or screamo, or even top forty! I'll pray to God, most times in my head. I won't force it down your throat, I promise- I pray mostly in bed! There's a humor in me, I cannot control it, I laugh at most things and speak highly of it. Reading is a delight to me, no doubt about that, I'll read Dostoevsky, Silverstein, and even good ol' Cat in the Hat! There's also the fact that I'm a movie fanatic- of classics, and action, and even the comics.

Where are my manners? Enough about me. I'd like to learn about you, you see. Are you tall or short with a light atmosphere, or could you be gloomy and moody, with a rather passive glare? I would love to be friends and laugh at good times. I promise when we meet, I won't always rhyme. My mornings are tough, the nights are much better. I give you fair warning, I'm an avid caller. I call my cousins and aunts, my uncles and brother, without speakerphone you could hear my mother! Family is first, I say, we stick through thick and thin. We may fight at times but we're blood at the end of the day. Could you and I grow so close? Rooming together will mean we're not so morose. I imagine the adventures we'll have together. Are you a hiker or surfer, or a burger lover? I love to try new things, and with each affair I hope it brings a budding friendship between us two, experiences to share between both me and you.

I must bid thee farewell, my persona grata. Sincerely,
K____ _______ ______ M_____

The blanks are my real name, but it rhymes with 'persona grata.'
Dabbagh 7 / 11 1  
I love it. I like how the style of your writing wasn't conventional and typical, and Stanford will definitely like that. My only concern is that, same with my roommate essay, it entails a lot of details and it might come off as more of a list. I don't really completely understand how this prompt is supposed to be answered, so I'm sort of shooting and hoping for the best with this one.

Oh, and I like the part about the praying and not forcing it down their throat. haha

Good luck. Also, please give me feedback on my CommonApp essay!
ReshmaA 3 / 14 1  
I absolutely love it! I can see that you are a family-oriented, fun-loving person. I wouldn't worry too too much with the number of details; the fact that you didn't write a "boring letter" and thought outside of the box will definitely impress Stanford!
OP kmedina217 1 / 4 1  
Thank you! Your own Stanford Supplement is great and I love how it speaks volume.

Home / Undergraduate / Snoring/ Humor/ Reading/ Freindly/ Laugh; Stanford/ Roommate