Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'Soccer field' - Uva: Discuss your favorite place to get lost.

soccerhoo1 3 / 4  
High school is a crazy, stressful place that barely gives you a second to breathe. There's always a project, due date, or test looming above your head. Not to mention the stresses of senior year where you have to make the hard decisions that will dictate the rest of your life. Everyone needs a place to calm down and forget about the overbearing weight resting on their shoulders. I throw that load off my back the second that I walk onto a soccer field. The competitive drive in me makes this sport perfect because I get to relieve my stress in a healthy way. I can push myself, battle others, and feel the excitement and strain of a hard game. I enjoy the pain of a grueling practice or match because I can feel my dedication giving me results. I always leave the field feeling lighter than when I walked on, whether the score is in my favor or not, because I get so much joy out of playing. Soccer not only relieves my stress, but it also gives me valuable time with my close friends. I have made the strongest bonds with my teammates and coaches because they are the people who have seen me at my best and worst. My day always gets brighter when I see them lacing up their cleats and stepping onto the grass with me. I take every opportunity I can to get lost playing this beautiful game.

Does this sound okay?

Home / Undergraduate / 'Soccer field' - Uva: Discuss your favorite place to get lost.