I spend a majority of my time in Room 24, the home of Titan Shield; USC- Extracurricular

ck1121 2 / 2 1  
In a short paragraph, please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (250 word limit)

From interviewing students to using Adobe InDesign, I spend a majority of my time in Room 24, the home of Titan Shield, my high school's newspaper. My sophomore year, after my friends recommendation, I decided to join Titan Shield and it soon became my second home. Some might think of it as a small newspaper, but to me it was an outlet for me to express my ideas and convey my creativity in new ways. I walked into this world as a staff writer and I came out as the Head Spectrum Section Editor. Generously, my world offered invaluable lessons. Late night layout revisions to meet the print deadlines were lessons on time management. Selling advertisements and self-funding the paper revealed themselves as lessons working with a real checkbook, watching our money balance, and networking with local businesses. In my final year as the editor, I learned and relished the responsibility that comes with leadership. This opportunity my school has given me, this world I live in, has shown me the challenges of a fast-paced business environment and the incredible joy and satisfaction that result from utilizing one's skills and hard work. I did not expect Titan Shield to become so important to me, but it has taught me so many invaluable skills that I will take with me into the future.
My sophomore year, after my friends recommendation, I decided to join Titan Shield and it soon became my second home.

On my friends' recommendation, I joined Titan Shield during my sophomore year and soon it became my second home.
Even though it is only a high school newspaper, Titan Shield serves as an outlet for me to convey my ideas and express my creativity in a professional, yet unique ways.manner.

My time-management skills were constantly tested as I had to meet printing deadlines at all hours, resulting in many late nights.

.... this is a strong sentence. :)
Overall, I think this is a good response. Wish you good luck with your application!

Home / Undergraduate / I spend a majority of my time in Room 24, the home of Titan Shield; USC- Extracurricular