Stanford essay: I am...I like...

kldini 12 / 62  
Prompt: Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. What would you want your future roommate to know about you? Tell us something about you that will help your future roommate -- and us -- know you better.

I don't know if this sounds right, it seems to be a little gay also (not racist or sexist but is not who I am.) Suggestions, comments, etc...are welcomed. Thank you in advance.

I will start playing "Let it be" by The Beatles on my guitar as soon as I wake up so I will probably be an alarm. I will be playing soccer trying to impress my coaches, so do not cross the soccer unless you want to get hit by a ball. I will be studying for an exam at 2:00 a.m. if necessary, so I will be in the library all night if someone needs me.

Although laziness forms part of my teenager's mind you should know that studying will be a crucial part of my everyday agenda because it is my curious mind craving information, and stealing "words of wisdom" from books; it could be English, not my native language, but one that I will master as I have mastered the art of cooking; it could be Math, the hardest of all subjects for me, specially statistics, but one that I will conquer as I have conquered soccer fields in Mexico and United States; it could be Spanish--the inherited passion I received from my mother and father. But as soon as I exit the library and I say good bye to the librarian I will play "Fiesta" [Party], a song I wrote on December 25, 2005, on my guitar as celebration.

My guitar is my inanimate friend; it has always been there for me. If I cry, for joy or for grief, my guitar is the handkerchief for my tears. It was there for me when I came from Mexico to the United States; it was there for me when I began to date Lorena Flores, the first true love of my short life; it was there for me when my parents almost divorced twice. Although my guitar has accompanied me during important events in my life, I am happy to know I will have someone and not something who will be there for me during college-my roommate.
OP kldini 12 / 62  
As I read it again, I cannot believe how many mistakes I made. Thanks. Well, I kind of change somethings but I don't know what to do with the last paragraph. I don't know how to link soccer and my guitar. Any suggestions are more than welcomed. Hope this sounds better...=)
OP kldini 12 / 62  
Thank you I changed those things. The lifeless guitar did not sound in my head, since I am the kind of person who thinks music (instruments) do have life, not literal. Any other comments. Please?
jpg_76 3 / 18  
curious mind

spelling

letters of knowledge

hmmm..idk about that

library,

unnecessary comma

good bye

one word

for joy or for grief

i think that flows a bit better

i t was there for me when my parents almost divorced twice.

during important events for mein my life

that's about it

im not sure about the ending, it seems to be kinda abrupt because you don't really have a definite conclusion; instead you just end with the guitar

maybe say something along the lines of enjoying stanford, idk

arrgh, i still need to write this

overall its finished
JakeK812 3 / 6  
I like this essay. It makes you seem like a very interesting and unique person, which is exactly what they're looking for with the prompt. Maybe you could address the question a little bit more though by assessing how your actions will effect your roommate. I don't know for sure whether or not you should do that though, but its an idea.
twizzlestraw 12 / 95  
so do not cross the soccer field? unless you want to get hit by a ball.

the hardest of all subjects for me, e specially statistics hahaha Yeah I really dislike this class too - but I think I hate calculus more..lol

the passion I inherited from my mother and father

librarian I will play "Fiesta" ( Party) , a song I wrote on December 25, 2005,eh, not really necessary - makes the sentence a bit wordy on my guitar as celebration.

Cute ending!

Would you mind reading mine?
hope_21 2 / 6  
Question for everyone doing stanford app:

On the profile question that asks "what are your favorite events from the last year," is it favorite events that happened in the world, or your personal events?
OP kldini 12 / 62  
What were your favorite events (e.g., performances, exhibits, sporting events, etc.) this past year? This is the exact question. I think it refers to yours...idk

Okay thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford essay: I am...I like...