VT statement of "best day of your life so far" - Down syndrome

abbiereedd 1 / -  
My best friend called me out of the blue one day; she had asked me if I wanted to help with a class of Down syndrome kids. I was unsure at first, but I gave it some thought and decided to go for it. I never was around children with disabilities (unsure on how to act around them).Nevertheless; it was not long till I got comfortable around the kids, quickly becoming friends. Before I wanted it to my day with the kids came to an end. As I was leaving, a little girl came up to me with her hand made hat we created together, and said "I never had so much fun in one day." I am not going to lie, I wanted to cry! The thing I will take with me is, when a person is a little divergent never write them off. Instead, step out of that comfort zone! Make an impact on not only yourself but someone else. Thanks to my experience, I volunteer with Down syndrome association of greater Richmond any chance I get.

I know it may sound corny but its REALLY the best.

I just want to know any errors, improvements,anything really. Thank you so much
I never was around children with disabilities (unsure on how to act around them)

-------- I feel having ideas in brackets disturb your flow. So, I suggest:
I neither was around children with disabilities before nor had any idea of how to be with them.

Nevertheless (no semi colon) it was notdidn't take for me tolong till I got comfortable around the kidsget around them and feel comfortable of, quickly becoming friends.

Before I wanted it to my day with the kids came to an end.

---------- this needs a try to re-phrase : )
The day went fast and had to bid farewell though I wanted to stay longer

As I was leaving, a little girl came up to me with her hand made hat we createdmade together,

The thingmessage I willwould take with me is, when a person is a little divergent never write them off.

----------- The part in bold letters is not very comprehensible. Try and improve clarity of your idea.

Make ana positive impact on not only yourself but as well as someone else.

Home / Undergraduate / VT statement of "best day of your life so far" - Down syndrome