Stepping on campus for the first time I am captivated, certain that Northwestern is school for me

ctam15555 3 / 4  
Hi! will someone tell me if this essay is too generic/answers the prompt well enough?

if there are any glaring errors or awkward sentences, suggestions are appreciated :)

Northwestern Statement: What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

Stepping on campus for the first time, observing the regal white buildings speckled with hints of purple, and seeing the bustling students, I am captivated, certain that Northwestern is the college for me.

As a person of a shared identity, anthropology has always interested me; I want to go to the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences because it has a strong anthropology program. Not only does it have great research facilities, but also faculty such as Amanda Logan whose focus on inequality and environment in Africa align with my interests on the effects of globalization in Africa. With my sight set on the Archeology program, Northwestern offers many opportunities for field work in Africa where I get to take a hands-on approach. Lastly, I am drawn to the unique fact that the anthropology program is an interdisciplinary department, which can merge with The Program of African Studies.

Allowing students room to explore different classes and interests due to its four quarter system, Northwestern does not confine students to just one path. This way, I have the option of double-majoring and can not only concentrate on anthropology, but also equally, African Studies.

Furthermore, Northwestern takes care of its students like no other school; getting free admission to sports games, and 24/7 access to the library during finals week, Wildcats are able to thrive under a pristine environment. As a school enriched in tradition, I plan to attend football games, paint the Rock and relax on North Beach. Northwestern also offers many eclectic clubs that pique my interest such as the Spoon Magazine and the Greek system.

Northwestern is a quintessential integration of academia and social life, of city and suburb, and of tradition and innovation; diverse in population yet uniform in school spirit, I only hope that I will one day be a Wildcat.
melissae 5 / 11  
This is a really well written essay the only thing that sounds a little awkward is
and can not only concentrate on anthropology, but also equally, African Studies.

Home / Undergraduate / Stepping on campus for the first time I am captivated, certain that Northwestern is school for me