Transcendental opportunity to travel while studying; QUEENS U- Goals

coolillboi 2 / 2  
In an essay of 300 words or fewer, write about your goals for your time at Queen's University and beyond. Your answer will be evaluated for content and writing style.

Queen's is not just a university, it is an experience. An experience that I hope to fully indulge myself into for the next four years I will be investing myself there. Queen's University offers students a dynamic array of activities and student life that only a few Canadian universities are able to offer and I wish to unsparingly take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I have always inspired to integrate my academic life with extra-curricular activities as, in my opinion, that form into a perfect fusion for a student to make most out of the learning experience. Considering the fact that Queen's University is known for being the most active university in terms of extra-curricular activities in Canada, it is not surprising that I long the institution. In fact, it is has the second most extra-curricular funding in North America, just behind Harvard University. My goals at Queen's include participating in a variety of enterprising clubs offered by the institution such as The Earth Centre as well as participating in student conferences and bands. Job opportunities on campus are idealistic which will further enhance my prospects of being part of the prestigious student government, effectively equipping me with the tools to make a real difference in the university. In addition, to this, Kingston is a beautiful, vibrant city in which I look forward to investing my volunteering skills to make a positive difference in the surrounding community.

I have always believed in the quote, "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." by St. Augustine. It has been my utmost passion to travel and explore the world. At Queen's I will have the ultimate or transcendental opportunity to travel while I study. This experience would lead me to learn and develop myself into an individual who has not just been formed out of a book but by the world itself.

Thank you very much for reading! :)
helppleasee 2 / 8 1  
(Sorry, I'm not really a professional! But here are some of my suggestions and comments.)

Queen's is not just a university, it is an experience. maybe you could use a "';" or a "..." instead of just a period? Since the next sentence is very much related. An experience that I hope to fully indulge myself into for the next four years I will be investing myself there.

once-in-a-lifetime -- I think the dashes are unnecessary.

... in my opinion, that form... -- remove "that"

it is not surprising that I long the institution. -- I don't really think the word "long" sounds fitting?

Overall, I think you should make your essay more personal. Relate it to your experience and your dreams or something. This is quite general... something that I think admissions officers are quite tired of reading again and again.

Home / Undergraduate / Transcendental opportunity to travel while studying; QUEENS U- Goals