Being a tree huger. Cornell transfer paper

Jctherdythree 2 / 4  
I'm applying to Cornell CALS as a transfer student as a Plant Science Major

Fourty one : one. That is the ratio of future doctors to future field researchers in my Organic Chemistry Lecture. That one student is me; the tree huger, afro-centric girl who sits front and center. By the end of each day, the question "What is your major?" is always asked at least once which I respond with "Bio, but hopefully it will be plant science by next year". Preceding this answer is "Why ?" along with a perplexed expression. My question is why is everyone so confused?

Napping on a grassy hill triggers a unique happiness. It's a sense of belonging and overwhelming curiosity similar to a kid in a candy store eager to leave with something. Everything about this emotion is pure, it just feels right. Plant science is knowledge that demands attention. Everything we have from medicine to food is directly connected to nature. Learning the basics and the minute details of this branch of science at the best Agriculture program in the country will be more than a career training experience. It will be the birth of an environmental activist

My expectations of college were unfortunately not met at Suny College at Old Westbury. I entered college with hopes to be a part of an intellectually invigorating environment that would change who I am. These changes have occurred, however the new me requires a new setting. The science courses are challenging, but the structure of the lectures are too focused on getting through the curriculum rather than engaging the students in the topics. There is minimum opportunity for environmentally aware students who want to pursue further studies in environment related fields.

The course requirements for a Plant Science major will be met by the summer of 2011 with the exception of Calculus and writing composition 2. At my current university, a literature elective is offered not a writing composition 2. Calculus will be taken in the summer before transferring. Courses like environmental psychology and organic chemistry will also strengthen my understanding of the plant science courses.
Nounours 1 / 2  
I really liked it, although I don't really understand why you are writing it. but it really opened my eyes about the importance of knowledge of nature :)
OP Jctherdythree 2 / 4  
good point haa its the common app question of why you would like to transfer . Thanks for the feedback
Fourty forty-one: one. That is the ratio of future doctors to future field researchers...

Napping on a grassy hill triggers a unique happiness. ---kevin stands up and claps his hands to celebrate an excellently written sentence...

I would get rid of the 2nd "a" though

triggers a unique ...

In this situation, use a semi-colon:
These changes have occurred; however the...

This is passive voice: Calculus will be taken in the summer before transferring. ---google around to learn about passive verses active voice.

Courses like environmental psychology and organic chemistry will also strengthen my understanding of the plant science courses.----alright, but what does it all add up to?What is your plan? :-)

Home / Undergraduate / Being a tree huger. Cornell transfer paper