USC personal statement - EXTERNAL INFLUENCE

ohhkevin 1 / 1  
Tell us about an external influence (a person, an event, etc.) that affected you and how it caused you to change direction.

that is the statement and im thinking of writing about how i was going to quit orchestra because i did not like it, but his words challenged me to audition for a solo. So i decided to audition and i became the soloist. now my perspective on classical music has changed and i gained a passion for something that i would never thought i would gain.

That is what im thinking of writing my essay about...
negative or positive i would appreciate any kind of honest comments.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I think that sounds like an excellent choice--it answers the prompt exactly. When you write it, you might try beginning it like a story, in the middle of the action, so to speak: "I was barely listening, but the man who was speaking was about to change my life ..." or "I picked up my instrument and sighed: another boring day in orchestra, I thought--but I was wrong." You get the idea; draw the reader into the story.

I hope this helps get you started! I'd be happy to help with some editing once you have a rough draft, if you like.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP ohhkevin 1 / 1  
thank you~
i was stuck on how to start it but that sounds like a great way to start it.

Home / Undergraduate / USC personal statement - EXTERNAL INFLUENCE