Virginia Tech has many attributes any student would desire in a school. Reasons to become a Hokie

kswidz 1 / -  
What are the top 5 reasons you want to be a Hokie? (I need advice)

Virginia Tech has many attributes any student would desire in a school. Considering the national rankings, high graduation retention, internships, job placement, etc... it's a fantastic school and my education would definitely benefit from attending. The 16:1 ratio of students to teachers is ideal considering how large the school actually is. Getting to connect with professors in the small classes while also having the diverse points of view from the many different students is a very admirable quality. This diversity also aids to the unique multiple clubs, sports, and extracurricular activities Virginia Tech has to offer. The esteemed Architecture program that correlates with my aspirations to pursue a career in that field, the fact that it's located in a very culturally and historically significant state, and finally that it's far enough to obtain independence yet still close enough to maintain family and friends in New York are some key reasons as to why I want to become a Hokie. Being in this community would not only expand my horizons but also help me grow as an individual. I feel as if becoming a Hokie would be one of the best, valuable decisions of my life.
Kira, your statement and reasons do not stand out in your response. It is a bit difficult to pick out your five reasons because you didn't separate the reasons into paragraphs, which would have resulted in an easier read as well. Frankly, the reasons you picked aren't original. However, I understand why it may be difficult for you to choose five reasons. You relied on the readily available material for your response.

The best response to this essay involves research and analysis on your part. You need to present your top five personal reasons for wanting to be a Good and not simply the commonly opted for reasons. So you are interested in taking up architecture at the university. Rather than just going for the commonly referred to diversity, classes size, and location answers. Do your homework.

Who is the most notable architecture professor in the university? He will be reason one. What internship program do you want to enter? Reason two. Architecture competitions on campus, reason four. Reason five, the university community and its various activities. Ali reasons, on a uniquely personal level covered.

Home / Undergraduate / Virginia Tech has many attributes any student would desire in a school. Reasons to become a Hokie