I went to an informational session on the eng; Virginia Tech/5 reasons to be a Hokie

parkertech 1 / -  
When I visited VT's campus during the surprise spring snowstorm last year I knew I had found my number one school. The campus itself is gorgeous and the light blanket of snow that covered the Drill field only added to the beauty.

On my visit I went to an informational session on the engineering program and never before had I seen students more enthusiastic about their school. Like me, they had the passion for wanting to make a difference that I rarely see in other students. Tech's outstanding, world class professors and engineering programs are exactly what I need to excel in today's competitive job market.

Every VT alumni I come across talks about their maroon and orange alma mater a little differently than those from other schools. When they talk about VT they talk about it like it's a family. For me it is a family. I have two uncles that graduated from VT and one cousin currently attending and I would really like to extend that legacy to my side of the family.

I love how Blacksburg does not have a square inch that Virginia Tech does not influence. It truly is a college town and that safe environment it creates is comforting to me.

I always sarcastically said how a school's food would influence my interest but after my visit I was definitely sold. My father and I both love to eat so we made sure to find our way to multiple on-campus dining areas. After seeing the outrageous number of choices and quality I saw why VT is one of the highest ranked in the nation for on-campus food.

I am currently at 273 words and need to get down to 250.
Ro4 9 / 21  
... is comforting to me _- I think you can eliminate the 'to me' here.

Home / Undergraduate / I went to an informational session on the eng; Virginia Tech/5 reasons to be a Hokie