MY WHOLEHEARTED RESPONSE - WHY DAVIDSON? COLLEGE ESSAY

Ari98 1 / 1  
Why Davidson? 300 word max.

Close your eyes and imagine the warm embrace of the perfect hug. The room falls silent, as you loose yourself in the moment. A sudden feeling of home arises as you feel safe, comfortable and calm. When I imagine that same feeling, I think of how it felt listening to my friend, Ana, tell me all about her summer at Davidson College. Listening to her describe the Davidsons small, close-knit, liberal arts community, I could tell that it was less of a regular college but a family; and I instantly knew I wanted to attend. With classroom sizes less than fifty students and 70% of professors residing locally, teacher and student relationships could easily thrive. Coming from a small high school, I know that connecting with my instructors on both in and outside of the classroom, is an essential part of learning for me. Knowing that my professors have my best interest at heart and are truly invested in seeing me excel and my personal growth is something irreplaceable. With Davidson, I know I will be more than a number in a crowd.

Also, with over 200 student organizations to immerse myself into and Davidson's various abroad programs, I can see myself sharing and learning new things from my peers on campus and in different countries. Likewise, I can see myself thriving in the Neuroscience interdisciplinary program, alongside of being Computer Science major, with Davidson's multiple interdisciplinary options. Lastly, as a student who values a community built on honesty and integrity, Davidson's honor policy is a fundamental I couldn't see myself without. It provides flexibility with final exams and ensures I am living in a safe welcoming environment. Davidson captures all of my passions for leadership, academic excellence and service, and is truly a place I could see myself calling home.

My paper is currently at 301 words. Please help out with anything you see! I'd greatly appreciate it and am open to all feedback, grammar, revision, depth, rewording etc.
kerry2654 13 / 37 12  
With a Why Us? essay, it's better to match your wants in a college to what the school offers. You attempt this with small class sizes, student organizations, study abroad programs, yet it sounds like I'm reading the college's website. What student organizations are you interested in? What about the leadership you concluded with? What are leadership experiences you want to do? Why do you want to study abroad and specifically where? You mention the neuroscience and computer science programs, why is it good that they're interdisciplinary? I say be more specific with your wants.
OP Ari98 1 / 1  
@kerry2654
Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely take ur advice and go back and rework my response!

Home / Undergraduate / MY WHOLEHEARTED RESPONSE - WHY DAVIDSON? COLLEGE ESSAY