Nowadays, advanced buildings adorn many places in a country.

irhame 52 / 50 25  
Some people say that modern buildings are ugly and are ruining our towns and cities, especially when these buildings are very different from those around them. Others say that they add variety and interest. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

Nowadays, advanced buildings adorn many places in country. Because of this, some people believe that there are many reasons why modern buildings have special attractions. However, others say that spectacular buildings spoil cities' environments as those cause noisy pollution such as smog from industrial buildings. Therefore, I personally believe that new buildings have more positive effects.

Tall buildings can give more benefits. First, those provide a lot of job opportunities as they need the number of employees such as archipelago international hotels, resorts and residences need more than 1.000 employees in 2013. In addition, they have been a symbol of economic power for a town because developed city is recognized with a lot of advanced building such as KLCC in Malaysia. Not only this, modern buildings also can improve government's income as every spectacular property should pay taxes city councils such as the property tax in Denmark is 1% for property valued at less than DKK 3 million and 3% for property valued above DKK 3 million.

However, many tall buildings can decrease steadily characteristic of cities as modern property with new style that often different with common buildings such the robot building in Japan. As a result, spectacular properties disturb variety buildings of towns. Therefore, modern buildings only annoy citizen habitats.

To sum up, although ones believe that many tall buildings have more benefits, some others say that those make cities and towns scenery in trouble. In my opinion these building give more advantages in many aspects especially in economy and scenery of towns and cities. I hope government can balance between spectacular buildings' development and town features.
Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
I think you know what body paragraphs and conclusion are!

As a corollary, I going to assess your introduction only.

Nowadays, advanced buildings adorn many places in country. This sentence can be followed by some examples.

Because of this, some people believe that these buildings have special attractions for cities and towns as those are difference from others like Burj al-Arab's hotel in Dubai. However, others say that spectacular buildings spoil cities' environments as those cause noisy pollution such as smog from industrial buildings. Therefore, I personally believe that new buildings have more positive effects. These sentences contradict each other!

If you choose a side, you will have to stick to it from the beginning until the very end of your essay. If you want to write both opinions down, then your whole essay shall discuss about those opinions or at least you will have to convincingly prove that the first opinion is better than the second one and vice versa.

Good luck!
ririchwang 6 / 5 4  
Because of this, some people believe that these towering buildings have special attractions for cities and towns as those are differencedifferent from others like Burj al-Arab's hotel in Dubai.

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays, advanced buildings adorn many places in a country.