IELTs Task2: Advantages and disadvantages do home computers have for children

Van Trang 1 / -  

computers in the life of a child

It is conspicuous that computers have a dual role as studying and relaxing gadgets. This device is functional for not only adults but also children. With parental supervision, computers will bring more benefits for children.

The computer serves a great deal in helping children with their studies. They can rely on computers for finding essential information to resolve some exercises in their school, without parents helping or expensive reference books. There is no paucity of information on the Web and it is easy to access informational Web only by a mouse-click. Moreover, computers also supply various intelligent software and simulators which enable children to grasp knowledge and enhance their skills in an easier and faster way. For example, English software provides plenty of options and interesting applications to excite children curiously and ensure them get all the practice to gain better results in studying English.

Not only have computers used in studying purposes, they are being widely used in entertainment. All our traditional amusement utilities like music, movies, art or games are available only on a computer. Among of this, children may be play computer games most. With developing of more and more attractive games, unfortunately, it is not difficult to get caught in the addiction.

Children can spend much time on using computers. They will be becoming unbelievably lazy and physically inactive. More dangerous, constantly staring at the monitor screen stresses out their eyes and lead to a poor eye-sight as well. So, it is vital for parents to limit the number of time children do with computers and choose which tools are suitable for children.

In general, it is highly likely that computers have been immense advances in children's education and entertainment. However, parents had better pay close attention to minimize disadvantages and help children use the computer in the best way.
Van, it is unfortunate that you forgot to upload the complete original prompt instructions along with your response essay. Without that, I cannot accurately assess your written work beyond the grammar presentation and flow of thought. As it is, it would seem that you did a thorough discussion of the topic as you understand it within the body paragraphs.

The opening statement though, is a different matter. It doesn't really ring true as a reliable restatement of the original prompt. This is the problem that occurs when you just give us the essay to assess but not the complete original prompt to base our comments upon. The lack of guidance from the prompt means we are limited in the method by which we can review your work or make suggestions regarding your weak points. Your opening statement and concluding paragraph both do not contain the minimum 3 sentence requirement that would have qualified these statements as a complete paragraph. So you would lose points in the GRA section of the essay. I am not sure about the TA score because of the missing original prompt.

Sadly, it is too late for you to post the original prompt at this point. As contributor who can properly advice you regarding the problem points of this essay, I am limited to giving you only one free review of your essay. Therefore, I will just hope that you will remember to post the complete requirements with your second essay so that I can better assess and advice you regarding improving your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTs Task2: Advantages and disadvantages do home computers have for children