[IELTS]The advantages and disadvantages of the real spirit of sportsmanship.

silverfi 2 / 5  
Some people believe that winning is the only thing. Others believe that playing sports is not about win or lose but how people play the game. What's your opinion?

Recently we had 2012 London Olympics and now we have Paralympics. I am going to talk about this issue with Olympic Games.

The purposes of Olympics are to reduce tension in the world, to bring the nations closer without racism or ultra-nationalism, and to present sportsmanship. People cheer for their countries to win; however, we can always see people who applaud to not only the gold medals but also the silver, bronze, and no medals. We don't only expect to see the winners, but we are eager to observe that the players show us their best trials and fair manners. People know how hard all athletics have been practicing for Olympic Games, so we instantly know the athletics deserve our warm hugs for win and even loss.

On the other hand, some people say no one remembers the name of losers and some nations still promote the circumstance of winner-take-all. To illustrate, South Korea only compensates financially to the medalists according to give them motivation; the compensation gap between medals are huge, and offers the privileges of exemption from military service to male golden medalists. This treatment gives Korean Olympic athletics a lot of pressure and enormous tension in the competition. After Olympics, the media competitively spotlight the winners to the public but I have not seen anyone focused on the no medalists in Korea who used to practice as hard as the winners in a good partnership.

In conclusion, eventually mankind created sports to reduce tension from tribes and nations, and also educate people about fair sporting manner. I understand that promote athletics and show the appreciation the success with finance, but I strongly disagree the result of sports game can outweigh its process. The real spirit of sportsmanship is that the losers congratulate the winner on their achievement and the winners appreciate the best and fair game with the others.

[Total 307 words]

I appreciate all of your advice.
Thanks for helping.
mjafarinasab 1 / 2  
First of all, I want to take a position in favor of your idea about the topic.
After, there are some corrections, came to my mind, as follows.

however, we can always see people who applaud to not only the gold medals but also the silver, bronze, and nonon medals.
To illustrate, South Korea only compensates financially to the medalists according toin order to give them motivation;
This treatment gives Korean Olympic athletics a lot of pressure and enormous tension in the competition.(Suggestion: This treatment puts Korean Olympic athletics under a lot of pressure and offers them enormous tension during the competition.)

After Olympics, the media competitively spotlight the winners to the public but I have not seen anyone focused on the nonon medalists in Korea who used to practice as hard as the winners in a good partnership.

I understand that promote athletics and show the appreciation the success with finance,(I really do not understand the structure of this sentence!)
but I strongly disagree that the result of sports game can outweigh its process.
The real spirit of sportsmanship is that the losers congratulate the winners on their achievements and the winners appreciate the best and fair game with the others.

Best Regards
OP silverfi 2 / 5  
Thank you, Mohammad. :D

I was saying like this --> I can take the idea that money may promote athletics and it might be the way to show our appreciation to them, but I strongly disagree that the time all athletics spent for practice can be ignored.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS]The advantages and disadvantages of the real spirit of sportsmanship.