The Advantages Of Being A Good Speaker

CLT 1 / 2  
I would like to wish everyone a very good afternoon. Today, I will be talking about the advantages of being a good public speaker. Being a good public speaker means having the ability to stand in front of an audience and convey messages by speaking marvelously. If one could achieve that, he/she will benefit a lot more than others.

Ways to make people know you. You can either spend money to print name cards, advertisements, flyers or brochures to give as many people as possible, or you can start opening your mouth and make people remember you. A good public speaker enhances a social life and the ability to negotiate with other people. Being good at you feet, speaking diligently in front of others is one of the easiest ways to increase your group of friends, acquaintances and general influence. A good public speaker always find themselves called upon to speak or have a chat.

Public speaking enhances the ability to fulfill your organizational or business needs. Your colleagues may be technically or practically brilliant. They may have great and strong ideas in mind. Yet, it is a good public speaker who can speak well in front of a group, putting over their point of view powerfully and persuasively, will outstrip others everytime. EVERYTIME!

Being a good speaker, you enhance the ability to motivate others and change their lives for a better. As we all know that words can hurt, but it can also heal, create, build and transform. For example, Martin Luther King, the leader of the Civil Rights Movement, is the best speaker of all times. Just by one speech, "I Have A Dream", he was able to motivate all the black nations in America, change their minds, gave them hope and faith, lifted up their spirits, shake the world, convince the whites and imply a great impact on his audience. Your words are your seeds and your audience's hearts are the ground your seed is planted. Being a good speaker, you might find yourself changing someone's life, saving them from jumping off the cliff of their miseries.

Last but not the least, being a good public speaker improves your self esteem. It also creates an aura of self confidence and self image improvement. Confidence and self esteem come from being successful and being successful comes from being a linguistic public speaker.

As my conclusion, being a good speaker certainly has lots of advantages. They improve ourselves and our lives. You don't know, one day, you might become somebody's someone or a person as great as Martin Luther King. So start opening your mouth and speak confidently. Thank you for sparing me your precious time.
MeiYu0414 1 / 2  
An excellent work!English is not my mother tongue,so I cannot give you useful advice~I just feel enjoyable.Thank you!
chalumeau /  
Last but not the least, being a good public speaker improves your self-esteem. It also creates an aura of self-confidence. Self-confidence and self-esteem come from being successful (**Many people would argue with this point**) and being successful comes from being a public speaker. ***Try to come up with a little more here.***

What a good speech. Is it for a college class or a group? I joined Toastmasters in college and really enjoyed both giving and listening to speeches. It was a fantastic way to meet new people. When writing speeches remember this advice: transition, transition, transition. I added some transitions. You can add more if you wish. You can never have too many. :)
OP CLT 1 / 2  
Thank you for your replies. =)
rzlearner 1 / 1  
As far I know I think that you have your grammar pretty well done but you should change your writing style for the essay.

"I would like to..." "Today, I will be talking about..." (try and speak more formal instead of something that seems rehearsed.)

"you might find yourself changing someone's.." (talk about about what you wrote applies to you and your message through personal experiences.)

Home / Writing Feedback / The Advantages Of Being A Good Speaker