( IELTS essay) Advertisements promotes Quality or Quantity?

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Advertisement encourages consumers to buy in bulk, whereas it should promote high quality of the products sold. Do you agree or disagree?

Advertisements are pivotal in promoting the sales and services of goods. These sometimes motivate people to buy more than needed. However, I believe the companies should give more importance in the quality of their products than inspiring the people to buy more.

Undeniably, the ultimate aim of any company is to make maximum profits from minimum expense. In order to compensate the money spent on advertisements, they may trim down the quality of the products. It is more clearly visible in food items and cola beverages. Admittedly, the clever advertisements stimulate to consume more. It is more evident in festival occasions. During that period, the advertisements will be in plenty. Prize reduction offers are announced, if purchasing in full boxes. People are interested in saving in saving money and fall praying for these advertisements. They took the full box for a penny of servings. Nevertheless, in reality they are wasting their money, as the large quantities of products are not finishing until expiry date. Therefore, considering quantity only is not always good.

Undoubtedly, it is not only the prize, but also the quality matters while selecting a product. Although people may sometimes attracted towards the savings when buying in bulk, it is not a constant trend. People those who are realizing the quality of a product will continue to buy the good quality items. Through this way, they can indulge people to use an item. The sales of branded items are continuing the same level, hold the testimony for this statement. We should consider our real need, after sale services, credibility of a company before choosing a product.

To conclude, in my opinion, people may run after the cheap products and marginal benefits while taking in plenty. But, truly they are not beneficial always. Therefore, we should be careful in our selections. Companies should not forget that the aim of the firms and the advertisements are should be service to the society.
Mabossani 6 / 13  
"Companies should not forget that the aim of the firms and the advertisements are should be service to the society"--> I think you should remove "are" in this sentence
devabe2005 46 / 97  
in saving in saving money --> typing mistake
Advertisements are pivotal in promoting the sales and services of goods.

Good start :)

These sometimes motivate people to buy more than neededthey need

However, I believe the companies should give more importance in the quality of their products thaninspiringpromoting the people to buy more.

This sounds out of topic. Your focus should be on advertisements and their role in persuading people to buy more. Keep that alignment throughout your essay. This is what I suggest;

However, I believe that this is an unhealthy trend because it promotes people to give a lesser priority for the quality of goods they purchase and people would end up with buying inferior goods.

In order to compensate the money spent on advertisements, they may trim down the quality of the products.

... very good point :)

People are interested in saving in saving money and fall prayinglovefor these advertisements.
sanaqvi 6 / 12  
companies should give more importance in the quality of their products

Essay does not ask what should companies do? I think you need to answer this question accordingly.

Majority of buyers is price conscious; therefore advertisements try to hit weaker side of their prospective customers. For example, mobile phone is one of the major flourishing businesses in Pakistan, and everyday companies offer new packages at competitive price in a bid to attract more customers. They lure mobile users to activate their unused sims with a reward to double their minutes on first top-up. In contrast, there are hardly any commercials promising quality of service or money back if users are not satisfied with company's network. This clearly shows that focus of adverts is quantity, and not the quality.

In todays' age of recession and inflation people prefer to buy at low price, a mind process, many companies take advantage of. For example, it is commonly observed that shoppers prefer to buy at TESCO than Sainsbury and Primark than Marks and Spencer. One common argument, at the price of one shirt in Marks and Spencer, one can buy three shirts in Primark. This promotes the trend to prefer quantity over quality, and this pattern is exploited by sellers in their promotions. Hence, advertisements promote quantitative over qualitative buying.
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai..Dumi, Dev, Romeo, and syed...

Hai dumi..
Thnaks for your support..and correction..

Hai syed..

Thanks for the detailed explanation, your concern and time..

Hai Dev and Romeo..

Thanks for the help...

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / ( IELTS essay) Advertisements promotes Quality or Quantity?