IELTS Task 2: Agree- Disagree: Government should assist disadvantaged people.

minhthu121 2 / 5  

assisting disadvantaged people

Some people think that the government should take care of disadvantaged people such as the unemployed and the homeless. Do you agree or disagree ?

The income inequality among people has triggered several problems. The wealthy people can have high standards of living, while the poor is struggle to afford basic necessities. Some people suggest that government should provide assistance for underprivileged people such as the unemployed and the homeless. As far as concerned, I totally agree with this statement due to many benefits that these people can bring.

Firstly, these people play an integral part in the workforce. If the government takes care of disadvantaged people, they will become employees and make profits for both themselves and the national economy. Needless to say, these people are potential sources of blue-collar workers, so utilizing these sources is a remarkable way to improve the productivity of corporations. For instance, Amazon decided to rent 100,000 unemployed workers in the midst of the financial crisis, prompting mitigation of job losses. Apparently, disadvantaged people are vitally important to the economies.

Another advantage is that the stable lives of the poor are able to help the society remain robust. Several protests are held by the underprivileged people because their standards of living are adversely affected by the privileged people. Thus, providing the homeless and the unemployed with jobs to live by is the best way to maintain a ideal society. Relief bills, which usually signed amid crises , are a good example to demonstrate. They ease the tension of the disadvantaged people, helping the states to come through the crises. Thus, stabilizing every life is necessary for the development of the countries,

In conclusion, assisting disadvantaged people should be done by government due to the fact that not only does it boost the economy but it also stabilizes the society.
DieuThu 1 / 1 1  
1. while the poor is struggle are struggling to
2. an ideal society
3. signed amid crises --> you mean "crisis"?
This is not a measured response essay. So there is no need to "totally agree" with the given statement. you simply have to agree. Adiditonally, you are not providing an accurate paraphrase of the original discussion topic as you are including information not presented in the original prompt. Since you will be scored on the accuracy of your restatement, you could lose points for that. If you wanted to stay on point, a more accurate prompt rephrasing could have been:

A discussion regarding the care of out of work society members has been taking place. There is an opinion that the local authorities should not have to support the destitute members of society. I tend to not approve of such a line of thinking.

You have to recreate the presentation using only the provided information from the original prompt. That is because your restatement needs to be an accurate representation of the original.

As for your discussion. You are not discussing the topic in the proper manner. The idea behind the topic is that the financially impaired people need to be supported by the government in terms of livelihood and residences. You are assuming that these people are working, which they are not. You misunderstood the topic which is why your discussion is not properly aligned with the prompt requirements. Your reasoning is out of place and irrelevant to the discussion.
OP minhthu121 2 / 5  
@ DieuThu
@ Holt
Thank you very much!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Agree- Disagree: Government should assist disadvantaged people.