The amount of coffee sales in five European countries was bigger in 2004 than in 1999

angga93 42 / 74 20  
The tables below give information about sales of fairtrade*-labelled cofee and bananas in 1999 and 2004 in five European countries.

The table compares the sales of fairtrade-labelled coffee and banana in five European countries, which are the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium and Sweden. The data covers the period between 1999 and 2004, and is measured in millions of euros. Overall, the amount of coffee sales in all five countries were bigger in the end of the period. Meanwhile, the number of bananas sold in Sweden and Denmark were fewer.

The biggest increase in coffee sales was witnessed by the UK, where only was sold for €1,5 millions in 1999 and rose sharply to €20 millions in 2004. This dramatic increase had made this country in the first position in the end of the period, contrasting with 5 years earlier when Denmark dominated it by €1,8 millions. Sweden sold the least coffee over this 5-year period. This nation sold €0,8 millions of coffee and this number only increased by €0,2 millions in 2004.

Turning to banana sales, Switzerland experienced the most dramatic rise between 1999 and 2004. Banana sold in this country, which was €15 millions in the beginning of the period was the biggest among other nations. Interestingly, this number jumped to €47 millions 5 years later. The UK and Belgium witnessed a rise as well, but those were a lot smaller than that of switzerland. In contrast, Sweden and Denmark sold fewer bananas in 2004 which made those countries stayed in the bottom two of banana sales.

Hi Angga, after reading your analysis, I must admit, it is very well analyzed. l am pretty sure that how you understood the table transpired to the analysis that you have written and this is very good. This essay only means that you are slowly gaining the fruits of your labor. From the beginning of your writing you have struggled, you progressed and I can attest that you are gaining confidence in your writing style now. More importantly, you understand each and every single information on the table and telling your readers about it, in a way that they understand it.

I can't say much about this essay as it is written fairly well as I mentioned.
One thing is that you also kept it to a minimum number of paragraph and this goes on a domino effect with the smooth flow of the entire essay.

I hope you continue writing and never get tired of continuously learning new strokes on writing, read a lot and read aloud, this helps you hear what and how the words sound, one thing that I learned over the years, when I read the sentences aloud and something sounds off, normally there is something wrong with the sentence and it needs a whole lot of modification.

I hope my insights are useful and do let us know should you need any assistance.

Home / Writing Feedback / The amount of coffee sales in five European countries was bigger in 2004 than in 1999