Ielts writing task 2- animal experimentation

galaxy94 1 / -  
Topic: Some people strongly oppose animal experimentation, believing that it causes pain to animals, while some other people consider it necessary. What is your opinion?

In recent years, animal welfare has never ceased to draw attention and provoke debates. Albeit popular, the issue as to whether legislators impose restrictions remains controversial. I am supportive animal based experiments are crucial, beneficial to the well-being of human society and creatures.

Firstly, it is so important to recognize that human and animals have so many similarities that animals could be the satisfying substitutions to people in experiments. Needless to say, many species and person share close resemblances in behavior or cell structure. A telling example is mice. Mouse and people response to external disturbances by identical manners, because of uniformities in immune system. Thus, this example indicates that animal testing should be maintained to minimize potential risks on customers when developing new drugs, new methods for medical treatment.

On the other hand, another benefit, which is obtained from animal-based experiment, is that they significantly contribute to conservation. Environmentalists may argue that testing on creatures usually kill animals for unreasonable purposes. This argument could be true to some extent. However, they should take into account the fact that many rare creatures, which have been threatened on the verge of extinction require further research for comprehensive knowledge. For example, sea turtles which are in serious under population need investigation to acquire insights into nutrition, diet, habitats, mating condition to recover their population.

In conclusion, under no circumstances should governments prohibit animal testing. It is not only useful discovering new medical products but also contributing to animal conservation as mentioned above.
While your essay meets the word requirement of 250 words, and you will avoid penalties based on word count, the essay is not as applicable to the given topic as you think. That is because your prompt restatement does not adhere to the given information from the original.

First of all, the original does not offer a time frame for the given discussion topic. You created one in your presentation, indicating that you have veered from the open dated discussion reference. Second, You are discussing animal welfare rather than animal experimentation. Those are 2 highly different words that do not have the same applicable synonyms. Finally, you failed to reference the other side of the discussion indicating that some sectors support the experimentation idea, not just you. So these problems with the opening statement alone already ensure that you will not get a passing grade with this essay. You are not discussing the essay according to the correct topic format.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts writing task 2- animal experimentation