IELTS Writing Task 1: Annual pay for doctors and other workers

nimbus2k2 8 / 25 6  

yearly salaries for doctors and other types of employees

Topic: The chart below shows the annual pay (thousands of US dollars) for doctors and other workers in seven countries in 2004. Summarize the information and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart demonstrates the yearly salaries for doctors and other types of employees in 7 nations in 2004. The figures are in thousands of US dollars.

Overall, the pay for doctors was higher than for other workers in all 7 countries. In the United States both professions were paid the highest compared to other countries.

Doctors in France and Switzerland received the same amount of money of 70 thousand dollars. There were minor differences among the income of doctors in Italy, Czech Republic and Germany (about 2 or 3 thousand). American doctors were paid exactly 120 thousand US dollars, nearly tripled the salary of Finnish doctors.

For other members of the labor force, Italians, Czechs and Germans had the same wage of 20 thousand dollars. The number were 30 and 25 for workers in France and Finland respectively. In Switzerland they received 40 thousand per year, whereas employees in the States got 5 thousand more than the Swiss.

Cay nho 3 / 6  
Grammar error: numbers were
I think the essay is relevant and clear
Keep going
s410377088 11 / 22 4  
seems well-structured to me, just some small mistakes
1. The figures are expressed in thousands ...
2. ... was higher than that for other ...
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@nimbus2k2
Hello there! Thank you for being a constant supporter of the site. I hope you're doing well in your writing endeavors. Please do come back!

First and foremost, consistency is very important when you're writing texts such as this. Ensure that you're adding more specific details to showcase that you have substantive depth in your writing. Remember to always retain that formal or educational tone all throughout. If you do this, you'll be able to showcase professionalism all throughout.

I have noticed that you have issues sometimes when it comes to tenses. Review the particular rules that you have to follow here. If you're torn, remember that it's critical for you to use past tenses when making substantiating an analysis based from a graph.

Best of luck as always.
OP nimbus2k2 8 / 25 6  
@s410377088 @Maria thank you both. The advice from users of the forum is really helpful cause I'm practicing writing by myself. Surely I'll come back to get the best of your feedback!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1: Annual pay for doctors and other workers