IELTS WRITING TASK 1: Annual Pay of Doctors and Other Workers

sophiemoore62 4 / 10 1  
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The chart below shows the annual pay (thousands of US dollars) for doctors and other workers in seven countries in 2004.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

---

The graph compares the number of money in US dollars doctors and other workers of seven different countries made annually in 2004.

Overall, in every country, doctors earned much more than other jobs with the United States having the highest earnings and Finland having the lowest.

As regards doctors' pay, those living in the United States received the most with 120 thousand dollars. Reducing by almost half, doctors in France, Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic, and Italy had yearly salaries of approximately 60 thousand to 70 thousand dollars. Having the smallest payment, Finland doctors received only 50 thousand dollars.

Having the payment of about 45 thousand dollars, all the other occupations in the US also had the highest salary among the seven countries. In Italy, the Czech Republic, and Germany, the others only made about a third of the money the doctors earned in each country, which was around 20 thousand dollars. Meanwhile, the salaries of other jobs in France and Finland were around half of the doctor's pay, ranging from 25 thousand to 30 thousand dollars.

An accurate summary overview would include a listing of the 7 countries in the line graph. It would also reference the complete identifier of the image as a line graph, rather than just a graph. Additionally, it would not be a run-on sentence that comprises several thoughts into one sentence. That would lead to GRA deductions since the single sentence per idea format for the presentation was not used by the writer. The summary overview section will actually meet with several point deductions prior to the actual scoring of the essay. By the way, it is not the number of money, rather it is the amount of salary that is referenced in the chart.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1: Annual Pay of Doctors and Other Workers