The attires people wear outside reflect their characteristics inside

amrillahmk 29 / 47 6  
Some people say that the clothes people wear are the most important indication of what they are like. Others, however, say that people should not be judged by the clothes they wear. Discuss both of these views by the clothes they wear.

It is commonly believed by some that the attires people wear outside reflect their characteristics inside while others argue the outfits cannot be justified to judge people. To some extent I am in favour of clothes indicating one's personality even though I believe it needs further consideration when it comes to assessing people. By this I mean, their thoughts about themselves should be taken into account.

Those who support the idea of fashion as a statement of one's personality believe such clothes mirroring what people like doing in their lives. For example, in the midst 1960 in America, there were people named themselves as hippie people who love listening to rock music and wearing such an eccentric attire. Because of loving those kinds of things so much, hippie people imitated the fashion of their idols into their lives, wearing a headband, John Lennon's glasses, and colorful clothes as a symbol of simplicity and peace.

However, I firmly believe people cannot be merely judged with regards to what they wear because sometimes it is only a mandatory outfit from their office. For instance, people who work in a company such as in Garuda Indonesia airlines will always be wearing batik uniform, a traditional uniform from javanesse people in Indonesia, so as to make a good first impression to their clients so that a fluid, good communication can be made. As such, it does not mean what they wear mirroring the characteristic of themselves, what they think about themselves is more matter.

In light of what has been mentioned, I would argue, although fashion plays significant role for the first impression when people meet, it does not mean reflecting one's characteristic. Thus, people cannot be assessed only by their appearance, because they have their own version about themselves based on their thoughts. That is an excerpt saying "do not judge book from its covers" which means do not judge people only due to their appearance.
septiadara29 48 / 67 9  
Hello! I will give you some opinions about your essay.

Introduction:
(1) It is commonly believed by some people that the attires which is people wearworn outside...

Body 1:
Your first body paragraph is so good, but I suggest to give more emphasize regarding to our idea in the last sentece before turning to the next opinion

Body 2:
You have to devide your sentence in the example, because it takes too long.
... be wearing batik uniform, which is a traditional (...) people in Indonesia, (stop here) so as to make (...) to their clients, they cannot only depend on their outfit, but also their speaking ability. so that a fluid, good communication can be made to impress customers.

Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / The attires people wear outside reflect their characteristics inside