[toefl] Automobile have made a greater impact on society than airplanes.

fs1111 1 / -  

cars vs planes effect

It is well known that the Automobile and air planes have a critical impact on human society. The air plane brought about innovative change for people to fly in the sky. Flying in the sky like bird was long-wish for people historically. Therefore, some people would think that the air planes have made a greater impact on society than automobile. However, in my view, it is wrong to think that automobile less impact society than airplanes. This is because automobile is more convenient and cheap when people use them and pollution problems from smoke of cars is more serious than those of planes.

Of course, it is possible to think that moving very long distance can show the greater change for people by using air planes. Traveling between Asia, America and Europe can show that there was a incredible change of the culture of traveling. However, daily basis of people is composed of commuting and moving in their home town. The distance of daily moving of personal life cannot exceed moving through each state of the USA. In this context, airplanes are used only for unusual business travel or trip for most people. Therefore, we can focus on the impact of automobiles to people than that of planes.

First, the expense of using automobiles is cheaper than that of air planes. This includes using public transportation as well as using personal cars. Furthermore, personal planes are used only for the rich. Most people use air plane at specific boarding place of air planes. It shows that the using of air planes also require much time and additional transportation to reach boarding place. Furthermore, prior to the advent of cars, it is impossible for people to commute long-distance compare to advent of airplane. In other words, the using of automobiles has allowed people to use moving long distance in daily life by using shuttle bus, public transportation and personal cars in time- efficient and economic ways.

Second, worldwide nations are proceeding campaign to protect their air from the pollutants from the cars. The document at Kyoto declared that the CO2 gas from using personal cars will decrease to 70 percent of the amount of car emission at 2007, Long and wide acting rules to protect fresh air from the car emission explains that the car have more negative impact on the air quality of cities than air planes. However, there are small rules to guide usage of air planes than automobiles.

For the reasons above, I assert that the car have a greater impact on the society than air plane. First, comparing the time and expense to use car and airplanes show that the impact. Also, rules and acting to guide usage of car is more than those of air planes.
PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  
Can you post the actual question?
I have found several grammatical errors.
The air plane has brought ...
Flying in the sky like birds was ...
... than airplanes. This is because as automobile ...
You can replace "use" with employ or utilize
WJK, I am not sure what you are trying to discuss here and what the talking points are because you forgot to include the original prompt for the reference in reviewing your essay. Please make sure to upload that next time. It appears though that you know how to properly format the opening statement of a TOEFL essay as you remembered to present the opening discussion in the form of the thesis statement at the end of your opening paragraph. If I knew what you were supposed to be discussing, I could offer a more solid review aside from what I observed above. For your reference though, don't go beyond 5 sentences per paragraph as that is the ruling for these writing exams. The idea is to show the reviewer that you can express yourself in a clear manner, using the minimum number of sentences possible. The minimum being 3 sentences, the maximum, being 5. Overall though, the essay reads solidly as an opinion paper. It makes sense and offers acceptable examples. I am just not sure if this is the kind of discussion that is expected of the original prompt requirement though.

Home / Writing Feedback / [toefl] Automobile have made a greater impact on society than airplanes.