Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS ESSAY "Ban sail of bottled water"

Saidakhror 6 / 21  
What is a natural resource that always should be free. Government should bend the sail of bottle water! To what extent?

These days, water industry is becoming exceedingly perspective and attractive spheres in business sector to invest money in, especially in bottled water branch. However, due to environmental damage it carries, the many put forward a proposal as to prohibit the manufacture of bottled water considering negative impacts it has.

To begin with, in the era when the world is dealing with the impacts of climate change, the bottled water industry requires massive amounts of fossil fuels to manufacture. It posed numerous environmental impacts and health concerns, noting that many countries are plagued by water scarcity and oil is burned in the production and transporting of bottled water. That, in turn, puts its burden on community ecosystem through its production and transport while the rapid growth in this industry means that water extraction is concentrated in communities where bottling plants are located. These communities experience a great ordeal of being negatively influenced by increased amount exhaust fumes, traffic congestions and irrational exploitation of natural water resources which beget spoiled community infrastructure and put additional pressure on ecology. Therefore, not only the community members exploiting bottled water suffer but the community itself approaches into the serious plight.

However, despite the evident environmental problems bottled water industry poses, its advantages are not taken into account seriously by certain individuals or simply neglected as a result of their unwillingness to accept realities. In other words, bottles of water can be vital in the wake of natural disasters, when water from municipal systems may be undrinkable or unavailable. Starving, thunderstorms are exactly the case of natural maladies where the use of bottled water not only prerogative but urgent measure to provide population with basic means of survival. Also, while there is an increasing demand in basic exigency of those need, bottled water remains to be the only one choice, maybe, to ensure living sustainability of these impoverished and disadvanted individuals. That is why, bottled water could be served as a first aid in the emerged grave situations when the immediate intervention is required and the plight could be worsened would not be in the case.

Finally, I think that resolution is to be passed urging cities to phase out government use of bottled water when feasible and promote the importance of municipal one while the importance of bottled water in extreme situation should not be ignored. And these actions are not just about fiscal responsibility-they are about civic pride and protecting common resources.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ESSAY "Ban sail of bottled water"