Besides making money, enterprises should also have public responsibilities

chauanhbui99 1 / 1  
TOPIC : AS WELL AS MAKING MONEY, BUSINESSES ALSO HAVE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES. DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE

business and social responsibility

There is a spreading belief that besides making money, whether enterprises should also have public responsibilities or not is becoming a controversial question. In my opinion, I agree that while generating profits is a top priority, companies also need to conduct their business in a socially responsible manner.

On the one hand, the effort of companies to maximize their profits brings some benefits in a whole society. Firstly, the higher money earned by enterprises, the more taxes that they pay to governments. As a result, authorities can spend those taxes on constructing hospitals or schools, therefore enhancing the living standards for citizens. Secondly, by earning huge profits, enterprises have a chance to develop their production and create for people more job opportunities, which can lessen the unemployment rate in their countries.

On the other hand, there are essential reasons explaining why enterprises have to accept their social responsibilities to the common community. The first reason is that their activities have an effect on the environment. Without controls, their productions will cause some serious environmental degradation, such as global warming stemming from the factory emissions or irresponsible waste disposal. For example, if companies install waste treatment system instead of discharging the industrial wastes into rivers, the pollution can be limited and controlled. Another reason is that big corporations should help other small enterprises because they have enough money to do so. To more clarify, Vinamilk - which is a reputable corporation that improving their public image to consumers by philanthropic actions such as providing scholarships and giving the charitable donations.

In conclusion, although making money is a fundamental principle of every business, however, I would argue that they should have a profound understanding of their social responsibilities.

Thanks for all your help.
chocuatt 3 / 5  
Hello @chauanhbui99

I hope you will find my comments is useful.

I think you should consider writing at least 3 sentences in the introduction and the conclusion. It will show how deep you understand the topic and can easily present it.

I think the order of your ideas should be upside-down. It makes me feel more reasonable.
Thanks.
Bui, here is something that you need to know about the prompt requirements. Unless the instruction says "Discuss both points of view" you do not need to use the compare and contrast essay discussion that you used in this essay. The correct format to use is the "opinion" discussion method because the instruction asks you to do a specific thing, discuss either your agreement or disagreement with the given statement. "OR" indicates that you have to make a choice in the discussion. Only one opinion should be represented in the essay, not both. Additionally, you presented a personal opinion, without proper justification in the concluding sentence of your essay. The personal opinion, if one is required separately from the rest of the discussion, must always be given its own paragraph for discussion and reasoning. In this instance, the whole essay is supposed to be a personal opinion essay so all you had to do was use first person pronouns in the discussion. That would have more than created a better scoring essay than this one. The mistake in your discussion approach really cost you a passing score in this instance.

Home / Writing Feedback / Besides making money, enterprises should also have public responsibilities