IELTS TASK 2: The best period to start learning languages?

Abdurasul 32 / 86 4  
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

According to some experts, primary schools are the best places to start teaching children to foreign languages compared with sedentary schools. It is my strong belief that the benefits of learning foreign languages at primary schools surpass its drawbacks.

To begin with, the opponents of such view argue that learning a new language from early years can lead to a bad consequences. They claim that at primary schools, first of all, children should be taught to their mother tongues. According to those people, a new language at primary schools can prevent the full development of their first languages. Personally, I think it might be considered as a shortsighted view. As children can obtain speaking skills till schools and at primary schools they can be taught to grammar, spelling and reading skills, simultaneously, with a new language.

Nevertheless, there are many benefits of starting to teach a child at an earlier years. The main reason is that young people are able to learn faster than any other period of their life. According to experts, youngsters are good at picking up a new languages at this period. For example, when I attended tutor of foreign languages, while I was studying at primary school, I had an adult group-mates. Surprisingly, I achieved more success and could obtain more language skills than adult members of our group. The another reason is that children at this period are fond of games and puzzles, which can have an immense and positive effect to their study process. For example, my english teacher at primary school used to organize many interesting educational games. Me and my classmates were keen on them. As a result, it had a perceptible and positive impact on our learning process of that language.

In conclusion, I once again restate my position that starting to teach children to a second language at primary schools is the most appropriate course of action. Moreover, it can have a very beneficial impact on a child's intellectual development altogether.
Pyon9x 11 / 24 9  
you're far better writer comparing to me :D your passage's structure is well-organized and the words used are flexible, rare repetition in using words

these are just some minor mistakes

According to some experts, primary schools are the best places to start teaching children to foreign languages
Personally, (I think) it might be considered as a shortsighted view

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: The best period to start learning languages?