'born in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Nigeria" - childhood memories

adegbola88 1 / 1  
Childhood memories are special to everyone in different ways, it is either good or bad. i have many happy memories of my childhood and enjoy looking back on the good times. i was born in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Nigeria and raised in Lagos Island. I was brought in an extended family which included my parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, aunt, uncle, cousins, nieces and nephews. My father was a government worker and my mother was a trader. Of all the memories, there are three unforgettable events that took place in my childhood. I had the pleasure of horse riding, summer vacation, high school graduation.

Ever since i was a little girl, i would tell my parent i want to ride a horse. Growing up in the city where we had many horse ranches around the city. When i turned ten, my parents granted me my wish, horse riding. I was so excited, i could not sleep the night before or eat in the morning. Once we arrived at the ranch, i was greeted by the instructor and this beautiful black horse named montana. Being next to a tall horse made me a little scared of riding it. My mother encouraged me to try petting the horse to get comfortable. Riding the trail was the most exciting part because it taught me how to trot, gallop, and control the horse. I felt like i was on top of the world. My mom and i took so many pictures. My parent made my tenth birthday a very special one.

When i was a teenager, i have always looked forward to the day i would graduate from High school. I went to Aunty Ayo Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Ikoyi, Lagos. I was in the social science class, and i started my school year in 1996. In my country, high school are being referred to as secondary school, and there is no certain age to be in High school. I was an outspoken person, which made me had a lot friends, and all my teachers liked me. I was also the class coordinator throughout my stay in High school. I performed in so many activities such as Literary and Debate, Press club, Muslim Student Society of Nigeria, Rotary club, and my performance in class was very outstanding. I happen to be the best student in my class, but not in English class. It was the final year in High school, there was a lot of activities going on such as preparing for the final exam which is called West African Examination Council in my country.

Ever summer vacation, i usually travel with my parents, brothers and sisters to see my grandparents. My grandparents live in Epe, Lagos, Nigeria, which is in the outskirt of Lagos, and about sixty miles from where i live. we always travel to Epe by bus, setting out very early in the morning,and it takes about two to three hours to get there due to the heavy traffic flow on the road. The most interesting part of our summer is the festival called Kayo Kayo. The festival is about togetherness and food. Every household prepares a meal which is brought to the town hall, where it is served and shared amongst the people. This festival is very exciting because, every household have something to eat, and everyone is happy. I always look forward to this festival, because residents and friends from the town attend the festival, and i get to meet a lot of new people.

Of all the three unforgettable events in my childhood, i am so excited, i had the pleasure of horse riding, High school graduation, and summer vacations are the most exciting moments of my childhood.
Childhood memories are special to everyone in different ways, it isthey can be either good or bad. iI have many happy memories of my childhood and still enjoy looking back onrecollecting thosethe good times. iI was born in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Nigeria and raised in Lagos Island. I was brought up in an extended family which included my parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, aunt, uncle, cousins, nieces and nephews. My father was a government worker and my mother was a trader. Out oO f all the memories, there are three unforgettable events that took place in my childhood. I had theI consider as the most pleasureous memories of my childhood.They are the memories of my first horse riding, the summer vacations spent with the grandparents, and the high school graduation.

I was brought up in an extended family which included my parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, aunt, uncle, cousins, nieces and nephews. -------------- It would have so nice! Not many people have this opportunity today and you are very lucky to have been loved by all these people!

Make sure you start sentences with capital letters in your final draft. I enjoyed reading your essay. It's very good!
OP adegbola88 1 / 1  
adegbola88
Thanks for the comment
Am trying to make a topic outline for my essay, how do i go about it

Home / Writing Feedback / 'born in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Nigeria" - childhood memories