What are the causes for changing jobs every couple of years?

Brianstorm 1 / -  

Is it good or bad for young people to change jobs frequently?

Topic: Today, many young people tend to change their jobs every few years. What are the causes for this? Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Answer:
It is quite common that a lot of young people are likely yo change their jobs every few years. There are some reasons caused for this situation. In my opinion, it have more drawbacks that benefits.

One of the reason caused many young people are likely to switch jobs is this kind of young people want a better quality of life. New jobs offer them higher salaries. So young people can gain more money to get the higher living standard. Another reason is them have greater ambition. They are willing to challenging new things, such as they are able to study different skills in the work. Therefore, that can be satisfied. Young people always change jobs bring some negative effects. It takes time to adapt to the new environment and be promoted to a higher position. People need to know the surrounding of new jobs, so it spend their time to be conversant. Also, the first people to enter the company start from the bottom, so if young people always change jobs, they would have no opportunities to promote. For instance, when they have only been working at the bottom for a few mouths, that may have started to think about new jobs and they only gain the starting salaries.

What's more, young people who like to change jobs not be trusted with responsibility. It shows that this kind of people are not loyal with their companies. So big firms are likely to employ the common worker instead of disloyal worker. Some firms even think this kind of disloyal people will bring the secret of firms to public.

While there are some benefits to young people who like to switch jobs. They enable to learn more new skills, such as they may cook before, but now they work in the clothes companies, so they can learn spinning.

To sum up, I understand that change jobs again and again have some positive impacts, I believed that it bring more negative effects to the young people.
Lenabouillot 1 / 2  
I think it's fine, but please recheck again about the English Grammar. Good luck!
Latte - / 1  
I think your idea is good but you should try more vocabulary. Good luck 👍
The essay restatement is good. It clearly restates the prompt and outlines the discussion paragraphs clearly. However, when it came to the actual application of the discussion paragraphs, the essay presentation fell apart. It created confusing paragraph presentations because of the unreasonable focus on reasons rather than a comparative discussion. The format for the reasoning paragraphs should have been:

- Perceived advantage topic
- Reason why you see the advantage as a disadvantage
- Supporting example depicting the advantage as a true disadvantage
- Additional explanation (optional) in support of the example
- Introduction to the next topic

Just 5 sentences covering 2 related topics in one paragraph. This would have created a cohesive and coherent reasoning discussion which would have tremendously boosted your scores across all sections. You have actually written an essay that shows your familiarity with the topic. The problem, is that you were unable to properly support your explanations with clear reasoning presentations. Always remember, it is the clarity of the explanation, not the number of reasons that help you score well in the end.

Home / Writing Feedback / What are the causes for changing jobs every couple of years?