"CFL lamps make our eyes feel far more comfortable" - TOEFL-Integration

jinyan0129 1 / -  
In the reading passage and the listening passage, the author and the lecturer are both discussing the CFL lamp. However, they respond differently to the issue of several points. The lecturer casts doubt on the contents of the passage due to the evidences. The following three points of different views between two parties are presented as followed.

First of all, the author asserts that the cost of the CFL lamp is extremely high. However, the speaker believes that although the cost of this lamp is more than three to ten times than universal lamps, they are much more durable. That is, buying the CFL lamp can be a great saving in the long run.

Secondly, the reading passage mentions that this kind of lamp also causes acute damage to our environment due to the mercury contained in the glassing tube. If the mercury is released in the landfill accidently, it would give rise to serious water and air pollution. In contrast, the listening passage states that in the long run, it can actually reduced pollution emitted in the air. When the CFL are thrown in to landfill, they will only emit 70% less mercury than those conventional ones do.

Thirdly, the writer maintain that not only do the CFL have negative influence to our environment, but also it will do harm to our health, especially our eyes. People who have installed CFLs in homes or offices may have issues on their eyes, like soreness, blinking, redness and problem in fixing vision on objects. Nevertheless, the speaker illustrate that rather than doing harm to our eyes, CFLs make our eyes feel far more comfortable with the general light..
linh202 11 / 23  
In the reading passage and the listening passage, the author and the lecturer are both discussing the CFL lamp. However, they respond differently to the issue of several points

The following three points of different views betweenamong two parties are presented as followed.

Thirdly, the writer maintain that not only do the CFL have negative influence toon our environment, but also it will do harm to our health, especially our eyes.

Nevertheless, the speaker illustrates that rather than doing harm to our eyes, CFLs make our eyes feel far more comfortable with the general light.
The following paragraph presents three different points of views among the two parties.

First of all, the author asserts that the cost of the CFL lamp is extremely high. However, the speaker believes that although the cost of this lamp is more than three to ten times than that of universal lamps, they are much more durable.

That is, buying the CFL lamp can be a make great savings possible in the long run.

Remember this rule:
IF IT IS, IT WILL...
IF IT WAS, IT WOULD...
If the mercury is released in the landfill accidentally , it would will give rise to ...

Thirdly, the writer maintain that not only do the CFL have a negative influence to on our environment, but also it will do harm to our health, especially our eyes.

:-) Nice job! You surely can pass the toefl!

Home / Writing Feedback / "CFL lamps make our eyes feel far more comfortable" - TOEFL-Integration