A change of population measured in thousands in Columbia, Yamhill and Washington

evamusifa 1 / 2 1  

population in the state of oregon

A change of population measured in thousands in Columbia, Yamhill and Washington from 1940 until 2000 is provided in the line graph. Overall, the number of people in all countries experienced upward trends over the period. However, the figure for Japanese people took place as by far the most significant growth in population.

In 1940, There was a noticeable growth in Washington population with three-fourths of total population, while for Columbia and Yamhill, population growth halved of Washington's people. These figures saw the same number of population in Washington in the eventual year. In 2000, the bracket of Washington rocketed to threefold of population in 1940

A more look at the graph reveals that the figures for Yamhill and Columbia's population witnessed a slight increase at 30 and 45 thousand people respectively in 1970. The reverse was seen in the number of Washington's people growing dramatically to over twice number of the formers. It then reached a peak at the end of the period to hefty 135 thousand people increase.

Eva, you are using "guesses" to create estimated information coming from the graph when you can clearly see that each marker falls on a specific number of population based on the numbers by the thousands on the right side of the graph. You are only to use "estimates" in your presentation when there are no actual figures represented in the provided image. When actual figures are provided, you need to be accurate to the closest numerical measurement as per the illustration. Since the reader is assumed to not be able to see the image that you are basing your report on, you must make sure that you provide accurate information in terms of the data provided. This will show the examiner that you can be trusted to properly disseminate information in a manner understandable and useful to people in your line of study. As you will be expected to write reports and analyze data, you need to make sure that you practice information accuracy from the very start. It begins with the IELTS task 1 test. Remember, the examiner will have a copy of the image and will therefore, know where your inaccurate information / misrepresented reports lie. In this case, without the reference to the actual population numbers, you will lose points in the TA section.

By the way, in the year 2000, both Yahill and Columbia had a population of 75 thousand. Why was that information not included in your report? You claimed to have done a deeper analysis of the essay with the term "A more look..." which, by the way is grammatically wrong as it should have said "a closer look...", and yet, you missed that particular point the comparison. How did that happen?

Anyway, before you turn in the test for scoring, always make sure to look for the smallest possible details that you might have overlook in the first review of the image because examiners appreciate it when the test taker can show actual analysis and examination skills in terms of information from the provided image. These sorts of information tend to increase your final score.
tran14 12 / 26 7  
Your biggest problem here is that you gave totally wrong information, your score will be lowered severely! For example, you misunderstood the figure for Washington in the first place, because it was 75 thousand people in the first year, not three-fourths of total population as you said. There was no percentage in the graph, you must be clear that this graph is about number of people, not percentage of them. You also use halved the wrong way, it is a must that you check this word's meaning in the dictionary carefully.

Wrong expression here: A more look? More what?

In general, I think you should spend time studying to analyse details carefully because it is the foundation of an essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / A change of population measured in thousands in Columbia, Yamhill and Washington