IELTS TASK 2: Are changes negative or positive???

Abdurasul 32 / 86 4  
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

There is a saying in my language "a ship is safe in a harbor, but that is not what ships are for." Many people all over the world are tend to consider changes as a very positive trend, while others try to avoid them. Although, there are some supporting aspects in favor of the negative effects of changes, I personally believe that the role of alterations in our lives is very important.

On the one hand, changes sometimes might be dangerous for our health. In other words, after changing something it might be difficult to adapt into it and as a result, it may cause some very serious health problems. For example, one of my relatives decided to move to foreign country, which was colder and rainier. As he used to warmer climate, his health condition started worsening day by day. As a result, it caused some major health problems for him. But the opponents of this view argue that the human beings are the most adaptable organisms in the Earth.

On the other hand, there are many benefits of alterations. Firstly, monotonous jobs make us very boring. The main reason for it is that we do the same things everyday and as a result, we shall have nothing interesting and new to say. Secondly, avoiding changes can lead people to loose communication skills. As a result, they can feel a lack of self-confidence while interacting with different people. Finally, changes help people to make their outlooks wider. As every change can be considered as an experience, which will directly have a positive impact on our minds and outlook.

In conclusion, It is my strong belief that the benefits of changes outweigh its drawbacks due to aforementioned reasons.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
Many people all over the world are tend to consider changes as a very positive trend, while others try to avoid them. ... Good approach for intro :)

In other words, after changing something it might be difficult to adapt into it the new environment and as a result, it may cause some very serious health problems.
Bob brother 15 / 22  
As a result

u have used too many as a result.

in the Earth.

on the Earth
On the other hand, there are many benefits of alterations.

On the other hand, there are many benefits of taking risks for changing the usual pattern of life.

Firstly, monotonous jobs make us very boring.

First, doing the same job for over a long period of time may demotivate employees and thereby affect the productivity of those employees.

Secondly, avoiding changes can lead people to loose communication skills.

I don't find this as a strong point :( This does not have a direct link to the topic :(
StarSea 4 / 10  
For example, one of my relatives decided to move to foreign country, which was colder and rainier. As he used to warmer climate, his health condition started worsening day by day.

For example,one of my relatives decided to move to a foreign country where the weather tends to colder compared to where he used to live. His helath condition begun to fail day by day.

I hope it helps :)
zeable 1 / 5 2  
Hi, this eassy is well written, also your grammar is very good. Only one sentence concern me if I may speak.

But the opponents of this view argue that the human beings are the most adaptable organisms in the Earth.

I believe it would be better if you stick to the negative impact of changes on human in second paragraph. The last sentence seem a bit awkward because it contradicts to the topic sentence.

I have a question regarding to this type of topic - "Discuss both these views and give your own opinion". As we all know arguments for both sides are requested, but are we expected to provide reasons supporting our opinion?

Thank you.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Are changes negative or positive???