IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - The chart below shows the depth of snow (cm) in a particular ski resort

serebi2704 1 / -  
Please check this writing for me. Thank you

the thickness of the snow cover near Canadian ski resort

The graph illustrates how deep the snow is in a certain resort developed for skiing in Canada from November to April in three separate years.

As can be seen from the chart, February, March, and April are the months witnessing the highest amount of snow while the remaining three remain below the average of 200cm of snow depth. In addition, the first three months have a similar figure, with year three being the highest, year one the second, and year two the last. A similar downtrend from year one to year three can be seen in February and March.

As for the first three months, both November and January see a steady increase in the snow depth from about 100cm in year one to roughly 150cm in year three whilst that in the second year dropped slightly by about 20cm from 100cm before growing back to more than a 100cm of snow depth.

Regarding the other three months, the amount of snow depth in February and March experiences a similar downward trend from nearly 450cm to about 350cm over the three years. Only the second year in April has a sharp increase in the depth of the snow, going from about 400cm in year one to 450cm before dropping dramatically to a low of 300cm in year three

This is a 20 minute writing task that should be allotted no more than 200 words for the full analysis and reporting presentation. As you have to time yourself during the actual test, it is important that you learn how to use visual spotting for your word count. Know when you have written 200 words at a glance and stop writing. Focus on improving your scores after having written the words. Make sure you have at least 10 minutes to do that.

Make sure that you always write with preciseness. Simply identifying the image as a graph, the general term, will not get the same scoring award as when you specifically identify it as a bar graph, which is more helpful to the reader since it gives him a specific mental idea of how the information is presented. You cannot refer to the chart "as seen" since the reader is assumed to not have a copy of the image. Your job is to make these information understandable to the reader, without having them refer to anything else. Your job as the analyst is to completely report the information, using the information provided.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - The chart below shows the depth of snow (cm) in a particular ski resort