The chart shows the proportion of women and men in one Asian country who passed their driving test

huynhuyn 1 / -  

driving test success rate in an Asian country

The chart shows the percentage of women and men in one Asian country who passed when they took their driving test between 1980 and 2010.

The bar chart illustrates the proportions of males and females passing their driving test for a 30-year period.
It is clear that there was a significant increase in the figures for both men and women through four certain periods. However, the percentages of women passing their driving test were much higher than those of men.

Regarding women, the proportions of passing their driving reached its peak in 2000, at nearly 70%, compared to 1980, the lowest figure was nearly 50%. Nevertheless, there was a considerable decrease in the rate of women passing their test in 2010, at 65%.

In terms of men, it can be seen that men had much lower percentages of passing their test in comparison with women. In 1980, the figures for men were one-and-a-half less than those of women, at around 30%. There was an equal proportion of men passing their test between 2000 and 2010, with each of them adding up approximately 50%.

In the summary overview, the image divisions need to be clearer. A reference to the number of columns representing the years, separated by gender would have made the image reference clearer to the reader. That is because of the actual presentation format you were given to analyze. So the reference point would have been:

The singular, lengthwise bar chart results are divided into 2 genders, male and female, offering measurements representing 4 decades of results starting from... and ending in...for each sex.

Or, something along those lines.

their driving

... driving test.
Always refer to the exam. Otherwise, you are just referring to the act of driving. That confuses the meaning of the sentence in terms of CRA considerations.

Except for these errors, you've done an acceptable job here. It can pass the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / The chart shows the proportion of women and men in one Asian country who passed their driving test