Many children are opting for technology as a way to relax in their spare time

scarlets 1 / -  

New technologies have changed the way children spend their free time

With the advancement of the internet, a surging number of children are opting for technology which is a way to relax in their spare time. In my opinion, the benefits of this trend outweigh the drawbacks.

On the one hand, there are a variety of drawbacks to Children utilizing technological devices in their leisure hours. The first rationale is that technology brings a lot of Health problems. Were children to spend a lot of time watching Ipad, they could become internet addicts. In the long term, they easily have a sedentary lifestyle which leads to reduced physical exercise. Therefore, technology renders children with bad posture. Furthermore, The overuse of technology in children also induces social skills. Because, children are drawn to the phone, where there are unlimited social networking services such as games, movies, and comics. So they will prefer the phone rather than going out to play with you. As a result, they are isolated, autistic, and have mental disorders.

On the one hand, technology provides a variety of positive impacts. The most important one is a great device for education. All the information one requires is just a click away. Children can educate themselves on various topics using social media. For instance, they can utilize the Quanda app to solve many challenging maths. In addition, social media helps children open many new relationships. Instead of going out to find friends, digital tools open a virtual environment in which they can form virtual relationships without much effort. Accordingly, Social networks increase the connection between people.

In conclusion, I reaffirm my opinion that the advantages of using technology for children overshadow the disadvantages. Therefore, I recommend that children should utilize technology under parental control.
the benefits of this trend outweigh the drawbacks.

Your opinion is clear to the examiner. Now what he needs to read are the reasons why you believe this. You have not properly supported your claim in the body of the essay. By using the comparison format in the presentation, the examiner will be forced to lower your score based on the irrelevant response reason. He will ignore the non-opinion related discussion. You will lose points for word count and get a final score based on an under developed essay. While you show an understanding of the topic, the mistake in the discussion format will be costly for your final score. You need to make sure that you know the difference between a comparison essay and a single opinion presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Many children are opting for technology as a way to relax in their spare time