Home / Writing Feedback % width Posts: 2

Cinema attendance : by age group in Great Britain

an68 2 / 3  
The diagram provides a breakdown of the percentage of cinema attendance by 4 age groups from 1984 to 2000 in Great Britain.
Overall, there was an increase in the share of people who enjoyed film at cinema in all age groups, with the age group from 15-24 witnessing the most sharp rise and this group consistently had the highest percentage.

The proportion of people aged 14-25 who attended cinema started at just over 15%, after which it experienced a significant growth to peak at around 58% in 1999, before ending the period at just below 55%. Similar changes, but to a lesser extent was seen in the figure for the age group 35 and older that it went up gradually from nearly 0% to below 15% in 2000.

Only approximately 4% people who were 25-35 years old went to watch movies at cinema in 1984, with a subsequent climb to above 30% at the end of the period. The figure for 7-14 age group saw a simmilar variation, rising considerably from 10% to the same share of 25-35 age category in 2000.

In conclusion, teenagers seemed to be more interested in experiencing movies at cinema than people of other ages.

You have misidentified the image. It is not a diagram. It is a line graph. This error has created an incorrect task accuracy point. You will not be able to receive a passing mark for the summary overview in this case. You have to make sure that you properly identify the image in order to avoid such large deductions to your scoring points. That could reduce your passing capacity by at least 50 percent. I like that you varied the presentation by placing the trending statement at the end of the paragraph. However, a task 1 essay does not require a conclusion. So your trending presentation also has an incorrect format, which will further limit the ability of your analysis essay to pass the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Cinema attendance : by age group in Great Britain