Cinema was born in 1895

painaidee 1 / -  
Cinema was born in 1895. After the brothers Lumier had invented the cinematography, the cinema widely spread all over the world.
The movies are truly an art of our time. It is the greatest aesthetic and educational force in the world today. The cinema has become part of the modern way of life. We use cinema for educational purpose. A lot of people learn foreign languages from DVD and VCD. When we watch a documentary and science films, we can get information about the world around. The news on TV helps us know what happens in the world each day.

The movies are the best way to entertain people. We will go to watch movies when we are bored. The movies can make people happy, especially comedy films. A lot of people become more hopeful and thoughtful after watching movies, which teach them lessons. Some movies can change bad habits of people as well. For example, after I watched the movie "Click", I become more thoughtful. So Cinema is absolutely creating huge impact to all people.

On the one hand, the movies teach us life lessons. On the other hand, they can increase violence response in real life.
A lot of children, who watched action or violence films, become more aggressive. Films can make kids believe certain things or follow examples set in the television. For example, recently in Thailand a girl committed suicide after watched the violence film.

Moreover, watching films a lot is not good because they make us waste time and money. They totally spoil us mission of life.
Like an idiom "there are two sides to every coin", films have advantages and disadvantages depend on purposes of people. So we need to choose a good film to watch, we need to choose right things from films too.
Safa Abulhail 1 / 1  
It's good essay and the best thing you chose many example
but i think it need more linking word
and make it 4 paragraphs:

1. introduction of what are you going to say in general
2.report a positive case and make examples,evidence and use linking word such as : in the meantime, moreover, for instance...ect
3.the other side of the subject , beginning with: however, on the other hand (as you used it already), admittedly, while...ect
4. conclusion and giving your opinion : you should use :finally, in sum, overall...ect.

and then it will be great :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Cinema was born in 1895