IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - coffee and bananas sales statistics in five countries

roswita116 16 / 37 17  

information about coffee and bananas consumption

The table below give information about sales of Fairtrade-labelled coffee and bananas in 1998 and 2004 in five European countries.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The two tables illustrate how much euro to be sold in Fairtrade-labelled coffee and bananas in 1999 and 2004 in UK, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium and Sweden.

Overall, it is exceedingly obvious that coffee was sold the largest amount in Denmark in the year of 1999 and UK sold the most quantity of coffee in 2004. Meanwhile, bananas were sold the most quantity not only in the year of 1999 but also in 2000 in Switzerland. Furthermore, the consumption of coffee and bananas in most of five European countries was increased from 1999 to 2004. Only Sweden and Denmark had deduction of bananas sales from 1999 to 2004.

Taking a closer look, the largest increase of coffee consumption was in UK, roughly 15 times growth from 1999 to 2004. Meanwhile, the quantity of bananas rose 3 times more in Switzerland from 1999 to 2004 while in Denmark it decreased 3 times from 1999 to 2004.

eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Hellloooo there, let me help you with some feedback. Let's start with the opening paragraph. Here I see that you have no problem dealing with the paraphrased question. You did it well, but a phrase you wrote sounds unclear. Here is: how much euro to be sold. Are you sure of this talking about euro being sold? I dont think so. If you see the whole data, then they talk about the sales of two commodities in different countries.

if you see the overall band descriptor writing task 1, then you are suggested to introduce the overview, showing the main trend and differences of the data. The overview can be put at first or last paragraph. For this essay, I dont see any of them. Let me give you a try: Overall, the UK and Switzerland broke the record to sell more Coffee and Bananas. Although almost sales of two commodities rose, there were no significant improvements on commodities sold.

Hope this helps,

Eddy Suaib, an IELTS teacher in Kampung Inggris Pare

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - coffee and bananas sales statistics in five countries