It is commonly assumed that global warming is the major issue people have to cope up with currently

amrillahmk 29 / 47 6  
Global warming is the biggest threat we face today.

To what extent do you agree or disagree.

It is commonly assumed that global warming is the major issue people have to cope up with in current circumstances. In my opinion, I would argue that I am in favor with this statement because several determinant factors which lead to global warming are happening, such as illegal logging, forest fires, an excessive amount of pollution from vehicles, and a waste from manufactured factories. Also, people as yet do not have any alternative planet to live on, so that this is absolutely the major issue to human beings.

I firmly believe that global warming is crucial and the biggest threat on earth these days because the causes of this problem is underway. The first main problems are the illegal logging and forest fires, in which most of forests have changed into human settlements, and loads of trees are cut down. In Indonesia recently all media outlets were inundated with the news regarding to forest fires and illegal logging, in several parts of its provinces, such as Riau and Borneo. This is a tangible proof that causes of the global warming is happening.

Subsequently, other causes are also happening, such as emission from cars and motorcycles and a waste from manufactured factories which litter many of Indonesian rivers. In fact, it is clear that there is a growing number of vehicles bought by people in many parts of the world. It means that the more people buy cars or motorcycles, the more emission soars to the atmosphere, which deteriorates current global warming. Moreover, in Indonesia, most of manufactured factories dispose their waste to the bank of the river, which triggered environmental issue. In fact, citarum river, located in west Java Indonesia, is one of the most polluted rivers in the world.

To sum up, because of the causes of global warming that still happening nowadays, such as illegal logging, forest fires, pollution, and waste, I believe global warming is the biggest threat that people have to cope up with. And so far, people merely have one planet to live, so that if people cannot prevent the causes of global warming, it is not impossible that the Earth will perish.
Amril, in terms of discussion, it seems that you do not have enough evidence to support your stance that global warming is the biggest threat that we face today. Your essay depicts the strong causes of global warming, but you do not discuss the resulting catastrophes that emanate from the global warming sources that you mention. When you discuss the reasons why you agree with the statement, you need to cite proper reasons related to the causes for example, illegal logging causes soil erosion which in turn, cause massive flooding in various parts of the world. The constant increase in the heat temperature of the planet results in the melting of the polar ice caps which creates an imbalance in the water level of the sea when compared to land level. You mentioned an environmental issue in your country but failed to relate what it was and how it relates to global warming. Do you get my point? The way to discuss this sort of issue is simply by discussing actual events that represent global warming results. You cannot just mention the causes without listing the results. There is no supporting evidence for the side you have chosen to support without actual evidence based on the causes you chose to present. So in terms of discussion, this is quite weak and would lose points in terms of task achievement since you were not able to cite proper examples in support of your discussion. This is an opinion paper that needs supporting evidence in order to be effective in its argument.
OP amrillahmk 29 / 47 6  

I got you point Holt.
I must admit that I do not give any examples of the catastrophes that emanate from global warming. In fact, I only give some causes without elucidating them properly. Thank you for your explanation

Home / Writing Feedback / It is commonly assumed that global warming is the major issue people have to cope up with currently