IELTS writing task 2: Companies use different way to increase sales.

Christinedang 1 / -  

Companies use different way to increase sales.

What different ways do companies use to increase sales? What is the most effective one?

With the development of global commerce, enterprises, nowadays, are using a variety of methods of boosting their sales, depending on their strategies, budgets, and targeted customers. No matter what sale strategies each company are applying, they are aiming at the similar target, for the increase in revenues.

Corporate's owners can apply numerous increasing - sales strategies after analyzing thoroughly their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. For small and medium companies, their budgets may be limited and have to be allocated economically to lots of departments. In these cases, they tend to choose sales solutions which do not cost too much money. Online companies, for example, opt for marketing campaigns on social networks or third party's platform to boost their sales in lieu of marketing on media, which often charges bunches of money for each advertising minute. For large corporates whose budgets are sufficient for launching long term sales promotions, they will approach targeted customers by diversified methods, such as advertising on televisions, setting up signboards, or co - operating with key opinion leaders. Some luxury and exclusive brands, though possess themselves huge financial resources, choose to not advertise in common ways, but their sales always rise significantly because of their insightful knowledge about customers. Lamborghini, for example, does not spend any money on broadcasting their products on communications and media, yet this brand still become one of the hugest auto producers by virtue of their quality and rare products.

There exists no clear answer for which sales method is the most effective because of the difference amongst companies' aims and their customers' characteristics. If one company targets to become the lead in retail market, discount campaigns will work to some extent. On the other hand, If another company aims to increase sales by exclusive products, it will hardly choose to cut down the prices.

To conclude, enterprises have many options to boosting their earnings. However, which option is the most suitable depends on companies' orientation and resources.
The student takes on the prompt restatement in a very complex manner. Not to say that it is not effective but, it takes too long toget to the point. The task 2 essay scores better when the discussion is dealt with in a duect, conversational tone.This is not a vocabulary exercise. It isa test of comprehension and logic in the English language. The opinion statement is also a problem as it does not respond to the given questions. Instead, it alters the prompt discussion focus. This makes the restatement + opinion unrelated to the orginal discussion. It is a failure.

Topic Question Guide: What different ways do companies use to increase sales? What is the most effective one?
Response: No matter what sale strategies each company are applying, they are aiming at the similar target, for the increase in revenues.

The discussion just goes downhill to a failing score from therear the writer continued to disregard the discussion questions. The writer shows an inability to follow instructions and respond clearly to the instructions by choosing one most effective marketing method. Though the writer sees the response as correct, it is actually an incorrect discussion deviation.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2: Companies use different way to increase sales.