Comparison of three hostels in Sydney

proabc123 1 / 2  
"Sydney is the biggest and the most beautiful city in Australia. Every year, it attracts about 10 million visitors. There are many places for travelers such as Observatory Hill, Luna Park or MCA CafĂŠ. Therefore, hostels have become more and more popular among the tourists. In this report, I will compare the three hostels: Sydney Central YHA, Backpackers HQ, World Square Hostel with five aspects: location, price, facilities, services and transport.

The three hostels have many dorm choices for visitors. They have 6 bed dorm, 8 bed dorm or 10 bed dorm. However, the price is quite different between them. With 6 bed dorm choice, in Sydney Central YHA is 44.02 USD for a one night stay per person, whereas in Backpackers HQ and World Square Hostel , they are only 33.54 USD and 35.64 USD. Although Sydney Central YHA is the most expensive dorm but it does not include meals or drinks, you have to pay 6.82 USD for breakfast while Backpackers HQ has breakfast for tourists. Not the same as the other hostels, World Square Hostel has self-catering. One more difference is both Backpackers HQ and World Square Hostel have luggage room whereas Sydney Central YHA does not have it.

The next aspect I want to compare is facilities. There are differences and similarities between the three hostels. All of them have basic amenities such as Air Conditioning, Internet / Wi-Fi, 24 hour hot showers, Secure lockers. World Square Hostel is the most convenient hostels because it has many useful facilities. Besides that, Sydney Central YHA has a little less facilities than World Square Hostel but it is inappreciable. Backpackers HQ is the least convenient hostel, it does not have Wheelchair accessible or games room.

The three hostels are located on three different streets. Sydney Central YHA is located at 11 Rawson Place, it takes about 100 meters to the coach terminal and train station. On the other hand Backpackers HQ is located at 172-174 Victoria St, it takes about 20 minutes to Sydney by bus. In addition, World Square Hostel is located at 640 George Street, in the center of Sydney.

In conclusion, the three hostels all have their advantages and limitations. Sydney Central YHA is the most expensive but is the most comfortable and convenient. Backpackers HQ is the cheapest hostels but it also has convenient facilities. Therefore, World Square Hostel seems to be the best choice for tourist due to their cost, location and convenient accommodations."

Can you help me checking this short report, thank all so much!
abhigeorge 6 / 20 2  
hi proabc123, This is a very well written essay. Just one correction from my side.

Therefore, World Square Hostel seems to be the best choice for tourist due to their its cost, location and convenient accommodations."
OP proabc123 1 / 2  
Thanks Abhigeorge so much ^^ i submitted it to my English teacher, i hope i will get a good mark
"Sydney is the biggest and the most beautiful city in Australia. Every year, it attracts about 10 million visitors.

... You open the sentence with inverted commas, but do not close it. I don't think you need to quote this line. Is it someone else's?

There are many attractive places for travelers such as Observatory Hill, Luna Park or MCA CafĂŠ.

Therefore, hostels have become more and more popular among the tourists.

Therefore hostels become more and more popular form of accommodation among the tourists, especially among the budget travelers.

In this report, I will compare the three hostels: Sydney Central YHA, Backpackers HQ, World Square Hostel with five aspects: location, price, facilities, services and transport.

This report is aimed at comparing three hostels in Sydney such as Sydney Central YHA, Backpackers HQ, World Square Hostel in terms of location, price, facilities, services and transportation.

TheAll three hostels have many dorm choices for visitors.

With 6 bed dorm choice, in Sydney Central YHA is 44.02 USD for a one night stay per person, whereas in Backpackers HQ and World Square Hostel , they are only 33.54 USD and 35.64 USD.

With 6 bed dorm choice, Sydney Central YHA is the most expensive choice which offers the dorm at USD 44.02 per person per night. However, Backpackers HQ and World Square Hostel offer beds at USD 33.54 and 35.64 per person per night respectively.
OP proabc123 1 / 2  
Thank you so much Dumi, I will fix it.
Although Sydney Central YHA is the most expensive dorm, but it does not include meals or drinks

.... since you started with "although" you cannot have "but"

Although Sydney Central YHA is the most expensive dorm but it does not include meals or drinks, you have to pay 6.82 USD for breakfast while Backpackers HQ has breakfast for tourists. Not the same as the other hostels, World Square Hostel has self-catering. One more difference is both Backpackers HQ and World Square Hostel have luggage room whereas Sydney Central YHA does not have it.

Although Central YHA charges the highest, their price does not include meals or drinks. They provide breakfast at a charge of USD 6.82. However, the price of Backpackers HQ is inclusive of breakfast while the World Square Hostel facilitates self-catering. Further, both these hostels provide their guests with a luggage room whereas Sydeny Central YHA does not offer this facility.

Home / Writing Feedback / Comparison of three hostels in Sydney