Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

Consumers can go to a supermarket and buy food produced all over the world

linhblk 1 / -  
It is said that customers can buy food produced globally in a supermarket these days. While this trend has potential downsides, such as wasting food, I think it has numerous positive effects, including stimulating growth in the food production industry.
One disadvantage of this phenomenon is food waste. If a country wants to import food manufactured from other nations, they are usually taxed highly, particularly in developing countries. Consequently, the price of these products could increase when displaying in the markets, which might discourage consumers from purchasing them. Once the food is out of date, sellers must dispose of it, resulting in wasted labor and resources, and they still cannot fulfill the demand of some people. For example, Korean convenience stores often throw many processed foods away when they reach expiration dates, although many poor people might suffer from hunger.
However, the availability of food from around the world in supermarkets can motivate the food manufacturing industry to create better products. This is because food from other countries offers various choices for customers, allowing them to select items that fulfill their need, leading to competitive markets. As a result, domestic producers would improve the quality of their stocks to meet the demand of buyers. Therefore, it might positively impact the food industry, and even contribute significantly to the economic development. For instance, many long-established companies in the Netherlands have developed their milk products to be fresher and contain less sugar to compete with other international milk producers and maintain their reputation. This results in a considerable growth in this industry.
In conclusion, although supermarkets providing food manufactured from around the world could lead to food loss, I argue it has more advantages, as it encourages producers to develop their items with better quality.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
Please make sure to format your next essay properly. Clearly divide your presentation into 4 paragraphs composed of the restatement + writer's opinion, 2 reasoning paragraphs, and the reverse summary conclusion. Never defend both sides of the argument in an essay that asks you for a personal opinion. You must present reasons that support only your opinion in the reasoning paragraphs. Failure to do so will mean the essay will fail due to an writer's opinion conflict/ lack of clarity, or an underdeveloped discussion. Avoid making this common mistake in task 2 essays. Unless asked to compare and contrast, you cannot defend both points of view in the reasoning paragraphs. Stick to strengthening your own to allow yourself to gain a higher C+C score.
Uzor /  
It's Obvious you need to restructure the essay into paragraphs. I fell you should start the paragraph in a more welcoming scenario like supermarkets are present all around the world but a major disadvantage is been posed or Supermarkets are ubiquitous around the world, providing convenience to millions.................. Expand more on each paragraphs and abide with the guidance Holt provided

Home / Writing Feedback / Consumers can go to a supermarket and buy food produced all over the world
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: