Consumption of processed food in Australia - Ielts writing task 1

nhattlee 1 / -  
The table reveals information about the consumption of five kinds of processed food in Melbourne over a period of 20 years. Overall, hamburger has occupied the first position in terms of food consumption from 2005 to 2025, while fried rice and noodles have taken the last place during that time.

A glance at the table reveals that there has been a gradual decrease in the number of people consuming hamburger in Melbourne in 2005, whilst the number of people eating fried chicken witnessed an increase of 2 units. From now to 2025, the firgure for hamburger will be 51, which will secure the first place in the chart.

Looking more details in the chart, it can be seen that the statistics of fried rice and noodles was recorded to be 6 units simultaneously, being dwarf that of fried chicken by nearly 30 units. Most notably, both fried rice and noodles register minimal growth with a time span of 20 years.
over a period of 20 years

Was there a mention of the inclusive years for this time frame? For accuracy purposes, the year coverage should be mentioned as the starting year and end year.

hamburger has occupied the first position in terms of food consumption from 2005 to 2025

Incorrect sentence structure. You need to use 2 trending sentence explanations. One explanation for the previous trend, the other for the expected or upcoming trend. Do not use a run-on, long, or compressed sentence. It confuses the reader and results in GRA along with C+C deductions for the paragraph.

growth with a time span of 20 years

What happens leading into 2025? Your analysis is incomplete. The information covers a 25 year period.

As for the word count, you more than met the qualifier, but you did not develop the discussion strongly enough to warrant a higher scoring consideration all around. Try to explain more. You can write up to 200 words for this purpose.

Home / Writing Feedback / Consumption of processed food in Australia - Ielts writing task 1