Convenience foods replace traditional foods & traditional methods of preparation

Khanhcuong86 1 / 1  

traditional foods and food-making methods slowly disappearing?

It is a common belief that traditional foods and traditional food-making methods will be substituted by convenience foods which are becoming more and more popular. However, I disagree with this opinion and firmly believe that traditional cuisine will not be replaced due to the cheap expense and healthy values as well as its important role in a nation's culture.

To begin with, although convenience foods require less amount of time in preparation, they are more expensive per serving and less healthy than home-made food. These kinds of food often contain more salt, more sugar and trans-fat which are harmful to our health if we consume too much. Traditional foods may take more time to prepare, but they are much healthier due to various types of food which are rich in vitamins and other essential nutritions. For instance, instead of buying instant noodles or processed foods for a week, you can cook for yourself a delicious meal containing diverse kinds of food that you can eat for 3-4 days with much cheaper expense.

Moreover, traditional methods of food preparation play a crucial role in a nation's culture that no convenience foods can replace. Preserving traditional ways of preparing food can also preserve parts of a culture. Traditional cuisine differentiates a country from others, makes that country distinctive as well as attracts visitors to travel there to enjoy. For example, Vietnamese cuisine, especially Vietnamese traditional street foods are now becoming a cultural attraction and help this country gain more and more tourists every year.

In conclusion, traditional foods and traditional food-making methods are still vital because of their nutritious values and cultural importance. For these reasons, I believe that traditional cuisine will not be substituted despite the increasing utility of convenience foods.
Good discussion. However, you forgot that this is an extent essay. As such, you cannot simply say "I disagree". You have to indicate a degree or an emotion to connote your measured response to the question. Possible responses to the question, based on your above response are:

- I firmly disagree
- I wholly disagree
- I totally disagree
- I strongly disagree

The essay would have been better discussed if you discussed the traditional aspect before the fast food aspect. It would have been better to switch around the presentation because the food tradition of a country is normally the first consideration of someone in relation to the traditional v. fast food discussion. That is not to say that your essay was bad, it was actually good. Like I said, I would have only presented it in a different manner. Don't worry though, there are no right or wrong presentations. As long as your discussion is applicable, the examiner will fairly score your essay.

Your opening paraphrase and concluding paraphrase are both run-on sentences. Remember, you need to keep every sentence clear and on topic. Always separate the presentation using periods. Keep it short. If one sentence runs into more than half of the second line, it is or is turning into a run on sentence.

Home / Writing Feedback / Convenience foods replace traditional foods & traditional methods of preparation