Why do some cultivated people read everything from books to the Internet sites?

mroank2010 1 / 1  
In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different sources

Why do some cultivated people read everything from books to the Internet sites? Is it wasting time? As soon as the decision is made to obtain a wide variety of knowledge and information, people debate whether they should make their sources limited or read what they find. Although sometimes the situation, namely the lack of resources dictates us to study one or two sources, as far as I am concerned, I do believe that reading many objects is necessary for someone who intends to boost his knowledge.

First, it is obvious that each source represents its author point of view, originated form their knowledge, information and experience, they, however, occasionally try to hide it or mention implicitly. Each idea enables readers to learn something new, so that the knowledge would be accumulated gradually. If I read books, papers, newspapers or even weblogs written by affront persons, it assists me to acquire more knowledge. I, for instance, searched for Knowledge Management, which means how to store the knowledge in an organization, for a paper from various ways, including books, papers, Wikipedia, and journals. I derive many benefits from this strategy such as scrutinizing many definitions, reading many aspects, comparing them together, and evaluating their pros and cons. All of them contribute to understand what I was looking deeply and become a knowledgeable man in this topic. If I had only looked to papers, I would not have as much information as I have now.

Second, the quality of knowledge varies from one source to another one. When I studied academic papers and books, I have gained deep knowledge because many definitions, pictures, and figures are presented in books; Also they are not faced with restrict rules for number of pages, therefore many explanations can be written which helps readers to understand completely; nevertheless, it takes long time for a book to be prepared and published, so it is hard to find novel issues in books. I usually read fundamental objects and principles from books while papers and the Internet sites enable me to find out new ideas to stay up to dated. If I only study one source, I will not be able to have both up dated knowledge and strong understanding of theories.

On the other hand, some may argues that using abundant sources cause misunderstanding and conflict for readers because of different point of views. Although this strife is inevitable and is an intrinsic characteristics of science, educated people have this ability to judge these conflicts and draw a conclusion. In fact, it is the reason why students do literature review in their thesis. The more they find and read contradicted information, the more they have this ability to analyze all parts of topic.

To sum up, whereas sometimes people have to study limited subjects due to lack of sources, finding varies ideas, coupled with quality of sources made me to outweigh reading many sources to studying one source.
Crystal812 23 / 55 11  
Good passage. You only have several mistakes. Still I would like to say you are doing well. You have a deep knowledge of advanced vocabulary.
Hi Mreza, I would to share my thoughts in your essay with the focus on the last paragraph.

Last paragraph
- some may argues that
- usingwith the usage of abundant
- of our different point of views.
- have thisthe ability to judge
- these conflicts and draw a conclusion.

- To sum upOverall , whereas sometimes - people may have to study limited subjects
- due to lack of re sources,
- finding variesvaried ideas,
- coupled with the quality of sources
- made me to outweigh reading many sources

There you have it Mreza, I hope you follow through with the remarks that I made in your essay. Should you need further assistance, do let us know.
OP mroank2010 1 / 1  
thanks for your valuable advice. may i ask you to correct 2 other bodies?

Home / Writing Feedback / Why do some cultivated people read everything from books to the Internet sites?