Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

Writing Task 1: Daily oil production in four countries from 2000 to 2004

Yashainu 1 / 1  
The chart illustrates how much oil was produced daily in 4 different countries, namely Nigeria, Chad, Congo and Somalia in the course of 4 years, starting in 2000.

Overall, there were upward trends in the daily production of oil in Nigeria, Chad and Somalia, with the exception of Congo witnessing a considerable decline between 2000 and 2004. Despite this, Congo consistently registered the highest figures among the countries examined before being surpassed by Nigeria in 2004.

Nigeria's oil output started at 205,000 barrels per day (bpd), after which it experienced a slight fluctuation in the range from 190.000bpd to 210.000bpd, before ending the period at 213.000 bpd. Meanwhile, 5.000 barrels of oil were produced in the year 2000 in Somalia, followed by a moderate rise to 50.000bpd in the end of the period.

Similar trend can be seen in the figure for Chad, whose oil production increased steadily from zero to reach the peak of 50.000bpd four years later. By contrast, the figures for Congo decreased significantly from 275.000bpd at the beginning of the period to hit a trough of 203.000bpd in the last year.

• Question

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
Please remember the basic rule when it comes to writing a sentence. A sentence is composed of 1 idea per presentation. This is then followed up by supporting sentences, also composed of 1 or related content per sentence. In the case of your summary overview, you compressed 3 ideas into one sentence, then omitted the measurement reference sentence. So that summary overview is not going to qualify for a passing score. This is a problem that exists throughout your presentations and caused the essay to be given a failing GRA and C+C score. It is important that you meet the 3-5 sentence requirement per paragraph to avoid the hefty deductions that are applied to these sections when run-on sentences are used in the presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 1: Daily oil production in four countries from 2000 to 2004
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: