Dance is the language, and social dance is an expression that emerges from a community.

Alamsyah Ismail 24 / 43  
IELTS Writing Summary TED: A visual history of social dance by Cammile A. Brown.

Dance is the language, and social dance is an expression that emerges from a community. A social dance is not choreographed by any one person. It cannot be traced to any one moment. Especialy in African-American social dances, see over 200 years of how African-American traditions influenced our history. Some experts believe that the present always contains the past, and the past shapes who they are and who they will be. There are some evoution of African-American dances year-by-year, firstly, The juba dance was born from enslaved African's experience of plantation. Slapping thighs, shuffling feet, and patting hands are ilk of this dance. Then, the Cake Walk are a dance that parodied mannerisms of Southern high society a way for the enslaved to throw shade at the masters. By 1920s, the Charleston was all about improvisation and musicality, making its way into lindy hop, swing dancing, and even the Kid n Play. Exoticly, it more be famous in South Carolina that permeated dance halls where young women suddenly the had freedom to kick their heels and move their legs. The next, is the Twist that can be traced back to the 18th century. Before the Civil Rights Movement, it is popilarized by Chubby Checker and Dick Clark. The story continues in the 1980s and '90s, hip hop is a social dance that took on even more visibiity, borrowing from its long past, shaping culture and being shaped by it. Today, these dances continue to evolve, grow adn spread.
erwiin1 9 / 17  
Hello, Alamsyah Ismail!

Your essay is very good, but I would give a spelling correction in your essay

1. Especialy (Especially ) in African-American social dances
2. There are some evoution (evolution ) of African-American dances year-by-year
3. it is popilarized (popularized ) by Chubby Checker and Dick Clark
4. that took on even more visibiity (visibility )
5. ... continue to evolve, grow adn (and ) spread

Thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / Dance is the language, and social dance is an expression that emerges from a community.